"We've come a long way, we really have"
~ a comment made to me by a very good friend late one evening this Christmas.... just made me think
think how far we do go without realising it, until perhaps the years pass and we look back... we could never see the way through at the time, and yet we get through one step at a time and find we are still searching for the way forward...but with more experience and perhaps more hope than before.
It also made me think about the constants in our lives,
the things that give us stability ~
the reassurances.
When we are stumbling we return to that which we know, which we can rely on,
the things we all need in our lives
the bare bones, the rocks, the things and people that won't let us down,
our faith,
our belief
There is a reassurance in things that stay the same ~
in nature,
in the sun rise and sun set,
in the ebb and flow of the tide,
the seasons.
We all need to know who and what we can rely on,
we need something, even one thing, as a constant,
something to steady ourselves on until we can find our feet again.
Just got me thinking, and I was grateful to be sitting with some of mine and sharing food and wine with them at yet another Christmas.
Thankful and thinking
Monday, December 29, 2008
merely pondering
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Sometimes, I think it is good to not see what lies ahead so that we can get there with a little less worry about how we got there.
My life has changing traditions, more so now that my mother has recently passed on, and I find I'm sort of longing for the things that once annoyed me. Change is always hard, and traditions and constants are so comforting.
Sometimes our faith is all we have to hang on to. And somethimes that is a bit wobbly, too!
Oh, but the glass is always half full, isn't it? :c)
VioletSky, I'm not sure I'd want a crystal ball either :)
Some things can be reassuring in their familiarity even if they aren't exactly as we'd like them to be..
odd that but true I know, x
Gilly, I know, have been there....and been very wobbly too...then there was a hand out of the darkness, a wonderful person came and sat one evening with me, lifted me just enough...faith and a friend
Jayne, oh it is my friend, :) xx
Searching for the way forward...seems like my life has been stuck on pause for the past couple of years, but as i look back, I realize it is not so, much has changed. Not all good, but it has changed.
I talk about it a little on my blog for the new year. It seems I am searching as you say for the way forward. A part of me has longing for a place of comfort. Seems to happen in the moment and without much thought though.
This post is not unfamiliar to my thoughts as of late. Pondering with you this new year...
m2p,
Change happens slowly doesn't it..
I know what you mean about comfort happening in the moment and without much thought
sending love your way, Katie,x
Yes indeed...we do all need a constant when life gets a little challenging or the changes start getting away from us. A calm port in the storm....I hope you will always find yours Katie.
Amen for the constants in life!!!
It is pretty crazy, this time of year, looking back and seeing where life has taken us.
I don't want a crystal ball but I could us a little insight on what is to come. I think I need it to prepare. Actually, I'm hoping after the year I've had, that there's not much to have to prepare for. Not very exciting, I know. : )
Post a Comment