We have the tree but it's not up yet, we have cards but they're not written yet, and some presents, though not many - I also have cooking to do and prepare in advance of the two birthdays that also occur one each side of Christmas.
I have a sick (though not that sick) child and the last essay to complete before tonight's class
There is work to do on a present I was hoping to get finished for Christmas - it won't be, because I don't have a kiln to fire it in - a special silver firing kiln... but I'd like to think it was as close as it could be so it can wing it's way across the ocean in the new year, plus I like to think that at least I was thinking of that person while I was working on it - and if I could have completed it I would.
I also have jewellery I have almost finished mending for a friend for tonight...
My thoughts are in many different places right now.
I took down a post about the calm after the storm (sorry Violetsky, I took your comment with it, but it was much appreciated, thank you) - indeed there have been storms fuelled by teenage angst and hormones and this is just a rocky part of the road. It will improve, of that I am sure. Sometimes we need a storm to experience the calm. I wish it wasn't so, yet today feels easier, is easier. Communication love and acceptance...
Yesterday I felt the blessing of blogging upon me yet again. A card saying I had missed a parcel delivery had me puzzled, although of course it is Christmas and it shouldn't be that strange! However, I was all the more delighted and taken quite aback by a gorgeous book sent all the way from my beautiful friend Jayne. An author she had mentioned to me during a conversation we had had while we sat across our desks on different sides of the world while we shared a drink...oh the absolute magic of ichat video links...
The connections from blogging have to be the very best bit about it all. Thank you Jayne, x
And then we had our first carol service last night - thoughtful, thought provoking and uplifting too. As much as I love some aspects of Christmas it is always a stressful time and thre is so much sadness aswell as so much joy around and I find it hard sometimes to reconcile the two.
In fact I don't think I do, and images of Bethlehem and Palestine brought back by friends on their recent trip there also infiltrated my thoughts last night as we sang.
Yet still I know Santa won't come down the chimney unless I prepare for him!
and there is the decision to make about what his favourite drink is this year...
Well you've got to be prepared for all eventualities :)
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Christmas is coming!
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Nice post I love christmas so I am already prepared, the pressies, wine, and the first cards are hanging on the line. We will open a first bottle next week as there might be a blogger hopping by
Teenage storms? We got hurricaans here. Didn't know my daughter had so much power. Thank God for the calm
You are so very welcome Katie. You will be enthralled by Diana Gabaldon, trust me. Wonderful winter reading... Glad it's feeling more like Christmas now. Love and hugs to you. We'll talk again soon.
Blessings on you RD, Christmas is such a stressful time. But lovely carol services can do a lot to help.
What have you decided to leave for Father Christmas? ;)
Whenever I need some perspective on the holiday season, I'll come back and read this entry. Thanks for restoring my belief in balance.
And you're right: the thought is everything. Perfection takes time, and a little wait, even into the new year, is always worth it.
Our tree is finished and so are the cards... but I'm not ready.
Not yet, my head is too... something.
Anyway, warm wishes and love xxx
Marja, how exciting - and a blogger hopping by?
Perhaps this was a hurricane :) It does help that otehrs have them too. How old is your daughter?
And yes, clam is good. very good :)
Jayne, I now have time to sit and read - once the cards are done! A very tmely gift, thank you, x
Gilly, the carols were good, shame I was thinking more about home than the carols!
I decidede to post more about my choices for Santa :)
Carmi, you are welcome - your words are always welcome here too - thank you.
Perfection - a hard thing! I try and will always aim for it even if I never reach it! :)
Niki, thank you, Christmas does something to my head - to many peoples heads... sending love your way.. take good care, x
Post a Comment