Friday, December 12, 2008

Comfort

Memories
growing up is confusing.
Tonight as my daughter came to me for yet another hug she said to me "I used to fall asleep in your arms"
I told her she still could.
She didn't... didn't have to, didn't need to after then.

What comforting beautiful memories
feels like yesterday
Is wonderful to know she treasures them like I do...

10 comments:

Marja said...

Yes they are getting ready to fly out but will always remember their warm nest

Anonymous said...

I love this......takes me right back to being a small child, constantly clambering onto my mums lap.....instantly feeling safe and protected. How much have we all grown since those days no doubt but not enough to not be right back there sometimes and forget all this grown-up stuff?! ;)

Jayne said...

So sweet.... :c)

Nikita said...

I thought about this the other day, in a slightly different context granted... when Will and I first moved in together into that tiny room at the top of St Peter Port we fell asleep in each other's arms every night... I still need to.
xxx

Charli Henley said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing a part of yours story.

I like this poem/story you've posted. Loving and letting go. It makes me wonder if you ever feel part of some really eternal process in motherhood?

Anyway, cheers and nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

.......my youngest ( and tallest) fell asleep on the sofa last night.

all curled up...

Gilly said...

They never stop needing hugs! However big they get!!

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Marja, I hope they will...that is a really lovely comforting thought, a nest...

Hellyj, thank you for coming by here :) How true, we all need to be children again and crawl back into those safety zones occasionally or even quite often!!

Thanks Jayne, x

Niki, I think it's the same kind of thing - we all need someone to hold us - we seek sanctuary. Glad you have Will, xx

Charli, you're welcome. The overwhelming feeling I had (one of them anyhow) was that actually this was something that was going to last forever, that I couldn't turn away from, regardless I was always connected to someone, far more than being married ever could be...
so eternal, yes, thats both the blessing and the curse - the responsibility I struggle with and that I constantly try to relax over...

mmp, thank you, I need reassurance like that sometimes :)

and Gilly, We all need hugs, no matter how old we are, thank you, x

VioletSky said...

Oh the safety and comfort of a warm hug.

Rainbow dreams said...

Violetsky.. there is something incredibly reassuring about the warmth of a hug, I will be back round to you all as soon as I can :), x