Feeling flat, wiped out, jittery, needing to get ready and prepared for next term..
Christmas has meaning for me, new year really hasn't
always feel like this to a degree after Christmas and family birthdays have been and gone and I need to get back into the swing of things again,
it's an odd transitional time I have never liked.
we said we'd go out at new year, a rugby club thing, but right now I'm not so sure...
might just keep my head down and emerge when it's all over :)
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Inbetween
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I always get that let down kind of feeling after Christmas and everything has to get back to normal. My kids are on hols til the end of January so we're all just taking it easy. We have a while to go before normality needs to rear it's ugly head again.
I hope you have a good one whatever you decide to do Katie. I'm keeping my head down too just so you know.
Hi Katie
Me too - I just wanna keep my head down til it's over. I've arranged to go to a friends house party, but now I'm not so sure about it. Would rather beat home tucked up in bed!!
Yes, another keeping head down person here! Got to get ready for a very quiet visit of cousins, but already I'm feeling fraught!! Possibly because I know they are very formal,and well, we aren't! Got to tidy up and dust a bit now,and make some biscuits (cookies) to look hospitable!
We never plan anything... course we have no friends to plan things with...and I'll probably bring in the New Year by myself on the couch as hubby hardly ever wants to stay up until midnight. Sigh. I'm with you Katie. The sagging after the holidays, and a cold, has me too...
I can so relate to what you say here. I too made a commitment for New Year's eve and in a strange way wish I hadn't. I know I will have a good time with my friends, but something in me wants to just be for a time. I tend to be a bit of an introvert and become melancholy this time of year so doing something might even help. My husband on the other hand is my opposite so it will be good for him to be with people. Blessings to you RD:)
I'd rather celebrate New Years during solstice. :)
The weather here has been so up and down too that its not even conducive to tobogganing etc....after all the snow we got rain and slush and rain and now everything is a sheet of ice on the hills. I'd much rather have 3 feet of snow!
I too am obligated to go to a party. How in the heck did all of us accept commitments we don't want to keep?
ps. I finally wrote the taxi story from last spring! :)
Gypsy, romany...kids on hol till the end of Jan... wow..! Though I am kind of looking forward to it all going back to normal soon.
Jules, it seems to be a common feeling!
Gilly, oh dear - formal, I can do but would rather just be taken as I am...
cookies sound good though :)
Jayne, sending much love your way.. I'd happily sit on the couch adn have a glass or two of wine to see the new year in.. xx
m2p I am like you in that respect..can relate. Blessings too
Dana, agree :)oh and snow would be so good, if only it didn't have to melt...would be fun for a while anyhow!
I haven't got a clue how we all ended up accepting commitments we didn't really want to keep - perhaps I'll remember next year.. it was one of those 'seemed good at the time' things..that saved us from an alternative which could have been less enticing.. but not as good as the one we really wanted...the lesser of two evils so to speak perhaps!
Will think of all of you - am contemplating not drinking so I can drive us back....
Rugby club and no alcohol though...doesn't really go!! oh well!
Happy nearly new year :) x
ps Dana, thanks for the story - that is a great New Year story :) I was oblivious, running late because of cancelled trains and made it home by the skin of my teeth!
Well, I guess I'm not the only one who wants to tuck myself away until it's all over. I find today I am experiencing that post-Christmas "let down." The tree is down and everything is put away. Let's just get on with 2009!
Just the same, happy new year wishes sent to everyone.
I just smile and think, sigh "It's over" bring on the next year.
Post a Comment