"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
Oh for such wisdom...
there is a part of Tuesdays right now that I find exceedingly hard. A situation I have no control over, apart from how I choose to react to it.
I thought tonight was going to be the last one, it's not...next week is.
It's nothing physical, but mentally and emotionally very hard, and all my instincts tell me I just want to run away. Sometimes it's better than I think and other times it's not.
There will always be situations we find hard to cope with, and I am usually relatively calm in the face of adversity. However, sometimes courage feels like it has flown away...
I'm frittering time away when I should be working.
Sometimes it's hard to focus beyond what might be.
As a good friend reminded me recently, we should cross our bridges as we come across them, not before....
and who knows, perhaps they'll be good for playing pooh sticks on instead!
there is a part of Tuesdays right now that I find exceedingly hard. A situation I have no control over, apart from how I choose to react to it.
I thought tonight was going to be the last one, it's not...next week is.
It's nothing physical, but mentally and emotionally very hard, and all my instincts tell me I just want to run away. Sometimes it's better than I think and other times it's not.
There will always be situations we find hard to cope with, and I am usually relatively calm in the face of adversity. However, sometimes courage feels like it has flown away...
I'm frittering time away when I should be working.
Sometimes it's hard to focus beyond what might be.
As a good friend reminded me recently, we should cross our bridges as we come across them, not before....
and who knows, perhaps they'll be good for playing pooh sticks on instead!
9 comments:
Ah! the excitement of Pooh Sticks when young!
And yes, some situations are very exhausting, I feel like running away too. I don't think its courage I lack, just endurance.
Hey dreamy,
I'm so glad you stopped by my place. I think we share some ideas about life. My sons are 14 (twins)years old. I'll their fresh new hormones are coming into their lives, just as mine are thinking about checking out. Oh the drama....
Hi Gilly, we had such a fantastic time a few years ago playing Pooh sticks in pooh woods with friends :)
I am not sure if it's courage or endurance - would never have said I lacked either, but is something which is triggering rebellion ;) too old for such nonsense I think...
lu, thank you :) oh my, teenage twins..a challenge...
I have a son and daughter 11 and 12, nearly 13, both of who are having hormone surges.. life is interesting and different..so pleased to have stumbled your way :)
love the dreamy bit :) cheers
Whatever you face I wish you a believe in Pooh's words
Marja, thank you...
we always rise to the challenges set us I find...
much appreciated, x
Yes, and remember... All we CAN control is how we choose to respond to a given situation and how we let it affect us.
Love to you dear friend...
Thanks Jayne, I am remembering that...trying to :) thank you, x
Love this quote! Hope you are well my blogging friend. x
Hi BSP...so good to see you - are you blogging anywhere now? I miss you... e mail me, robandkate at cwgsy dot net
Thank you so much for coming by, xx
Post a Comment