Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back.."
Maya Angelou



Thats important.
Learning to say No, and no more
No more to crap
No more to criticism
No more to unasked for judgements
No more giving out all the time into a bottomless pit...
no more tired and lame excuses for damaging behaviour
from anyone...

Time for looking after, for nurturing, for doing what feels good, for being with people who care and love and want to be around... time for protection

everyone has limits, everyone needs time and love and patience and friends,
and unconditional acceptance, warts and all.

sometimes it's time to take responsibility for our own happiness, and maybe sometimes that means saying no to some things, some people.

It's been a crap day, a tear filled frustrating, dismal down day...not aided by painful, swollen joints, and feeling like everything is an enormous effort. I'm back on my iron in case it's partly that too...or it could be just one of those days at the end of one of those weeks.

It's certainly time to conserve energy and resources for a while, spend time with friends and rekindle the fire thats burning rather dimly at the moment...and listen to the inner still voice for a while.

It's time...

11 comments:

Nikita said...

Love to you Katie, warm comforting love. I too am back on the iron... joys. Don't stray too far. xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks Niki, much appreciated. Sorry to hear you are on this wonderful stuff too :)
I'll still be around...
just time to reassess a few things,
thank you, xxx

Merlin said...

I can't think of anything more to say than you are in my thoughts, in my prayers.

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Merlin, thank you.

tomorrow's a new day :)

Anonymous said...

Why is it that such a very small word can be so hard to say? No....it really can get us in a lot of trouble if we can't form that word and actually say it once in a while.

I hope you start feeling better soon Katie. I think a lot of us are feeling melancholy and blue at the moment.

Independent Chick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Independent Chick said...

Feel better Katie. Even when you are feeling blue, know that you are an inspiration. Your words always say so much.

Baby Sweet Pea.
xx

Linda S. Socha said...

What a great post! I am knew to your blog but can see I will be back here soon! Love the layout and the writing! It is so necessary to set normal and usual boundaries and sometimes a challenge
Linda

Gilly said...

(((((((Katie)))))) if hugs don't hurt too much!

Will email you - wheelie bins containing last week's stamps are not out waiting for collection, but will try and collect some more.

Love, Gilly

Jayne said...

I LOVE that quote Katie. It's so true you know. Sometimes we do have to just throw things back and walk away with our heads held high. We have to take care of our own tender countenances if for not other reason, to make sure the barbs can't penetrate to our souls. You do what you need to do to rest, recharge, and limit the exposure. Love and hugs to you.

Rainbow dreams said...

Romany gypsy...yes it is a very important word! :) Thank you...I am sure I will, the joint thing comes and goes, just getting used to dealing with it..
This season is always a mixed one, sending thoughts back to you,x

BSP - I loved both your comments, x
Thank you. Good to see you back again - will pop by your new place very soon...

Linda, welcome - boundaries and challenges..so true :) please do come by anytime.

Gilly, much appreciated :) Hugs don't hurt - it's my hands and wrists and ankles and toes that are painful. I look forward to your e mail, don't feel obliged at all, xx


Jayne, I love your comment - to make sure the barbs don't penetrate our souls..I think I need that printed out... thank you dear friend, xoxo