Monday, December 15, 2008

"so even if we have to fake it until we make it,
lets give it a shot."
Jen Gray Dec 2008



words that made me think
There are times when faking it is the best we can do, and who says we shouldn't now and again...if it gets us by? One day we might realise we've woken up and we're not faking it any more
perhaps we might realise we were never really faking it after all
perhaps all we have to do is believe

Cheers Jen, lets give it a shot,
I'm in...

6 comments:

Disillusioned said...

I often have to "fake it" - and doing so sometimes is the best option. The only thing is to be real at the same time.

A counsellor I had once said I should "act as if.." - as if I thought I mattered, as if I believed in myself. Maybe that is a more comfortable way of putting it than "faking it"? I don't know. But I know I act "as if" all the time - I act "as if" I expect the students to want to learn, for example!

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Caroline, thank you for coming by.
I thought about this as I posted it - I didn't take it as not being real - but in context of not letting our doubts get the better of us, and heading for the sky regardless - you know how some people get away with virtually anything just because they have that certain something..a confidence perhaps...

I agree perhaps it is 'acting as if', and that is a nicer turn of phrase..
I find it often works.
Sometimes they do actually want to learn too ;)

Rainbow dreams said...

ps good to see you , xx

Charli Henley said...

I also often fake it. Sometimes I make it and sometimes I just go crazy.

But I still fake it. (Maybe even when I shouldn't...)

Nikita said...

I think I've faked most of my life. Being real means real disappointment and real rejections. But I'd love to try reality...
PS I loved Inkheart too, beautiful
Love Nikita xxx

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks Charli and Niki,
am thinking that perhaps faking it and reality are the same thing...disappointment and rejection come anyhow in some form, and faking it, or acting as if... is only another perspective..we can acknowledge our inner feelings and choose to not let them get the better of us...
perhaps :)