The wonder that is e cycle brought with it a real blast from the past straight into my kitchen!
R went out to pick up some big frames for art work that were being given away, and returned with these framed posters.... I'm not sure I can let him take the Lee jeans advert guy, or Patrick out of their frames... it would seem such a shame...
my posters were always stuck on the wall with blu-tack... but this girl obviously knew how to take care of her heroes...
And Roxette... I'd almost forgotten them and "it must have been love" and "joyride"!
I also spent an evening in a classroom with one of my old class mates from school days...
bizarre how, after years of not seeing each other, we can end up in class again...
and I was consciously aware of perceptions and how different I am now to then... and wondering what thoughts were going through her head...
how when I left here to go to college I chose to leave behind the person I was back then, and although I know she is still there, the old me, I don't want to go back to her.... yet that was the last time I spent any time with this old class mate...
It was interesting to reflect on afterwards... how we can leave our childhood labels behind... more or less for good, whilst not forgetting the lessons they have taught us.
The hair!! Who can forget...!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know Patrick (never was my type, but I think it's because his big dirty dancing movie came out after I would've been interested in tacking him on my dorm wall), but who is Lee?? I thought maybe he was the firefighter guy at the gym?!
I don't know Roxette either. isn't that funny? I wonder if they were known here in Canada?
Ok......here's my confession.....I had a HUGE poster of Gilda Radner on my dorm wall....from Saturday Night Live? She was dressed up like one of her characters....Roseanne Roseanna Danna....and I LOVED HER>
The other poster? Billy Joel of course. My Piano Man. Not as hunky as these two......but beautiful to me.
later on....and still in my home? I have framed movie poster from my hero, Pee Wee Herman's first movie.....he's riding his red bike! Jamie gave it to me for my 25th birthday... :) It hangs on the overhead wall going downstairs to the basement in my house.
Roxette!!! wow, I was a big fan and it was the 1st concert I took my eldest daughter to. I still play ' Joyride' very loud in my car when the mood takes me.
I know what you mean about being a different person when you meet an old school friend. I don't think i became who I am until my 30s!
Great post!
Jxx
Hi Dana, sorry I don't actually know his name but he was the guy in the Lee jeans advert... I wish he was at my gym!! I'd be a toned and skinny person if he was...:)
Roxette I remember from late school /early college days...
an admission - I have never seen Pee Wee Herman's movies, but looks like a lot of fun.. will have to rectify that one too!
Jules, I had totally forgotten about them... I associate them with going out and parties...
Thanks, I was so very different back then.... and I am sure this class would be the last one she would expect to find me in too!
Boy, that's a blast from the past Katie!!
Post a Comment