Several weeks ago my lovely camera, only six months old, was sent off to N*kon to be repaired after the battery cover split in two as I went to put the battery on charge.
now this isn't covered under guarantee as it is not a functioning part, but since I have been extremely possessive over it and kept it nicely in it's case I was a little put out that it should break like that on me without any reason...and so when the shop told me I was going to have to pay an extortionate amount of money to have it repaired, I felt it was worth writing to the manufacturer to see if they would listen to me ~ unlikely I thought, but tell the truth and see where it gets you.
I took it in to the shop so they could post the letter as requested.... the manager was quite disappointed when I said it wasn't a stroppy letter, it was just saying what had happened and telling it like it was.
He said he liked reading stroppy letters... but I couldn't see that that would get me anywhere fast....
There were lots of feelings I hadn't expected with the loss of my camera ~ it fits in it's case in my handbag, goes everywhere with me, had even replaced makeup - something had to go until I bought a new bag!
It was neat and useful and I liked it... so an enforced period without it has been hard - I was told it would take 6-8 weeks because it has to clear customs...that is after it is mended!
Anyhow, in with the post this weekend came a letter from them saying they have agreed to repair it asap, and get it back to me....free of charge... :)
Soon I will have it back, soon I can record memories again, soon there will be photos on my blog...not the best, but they are mine.
The people at N*kon listened, they read what I had said, and I hope, the feeling behind the words. I had never been in a stroppy mode, I was just sad...and disappointed.
I don't know how long it will be, but there is a faith renewed that even in big organisations there are people who will look at an individual situation and treat it as such.
That in itself is reassuring in a world where people are so reluctant to deviate from set rules and look at each scenario on it's own merits....
Now I just have to wait for it to get through customs on it's way home...
I also now have a lovely new bag that will fit both camera and make up in... and book, and diary, and money... and any other essential item a girl needs !
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Faith renewed :)
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awesome. Good for you! Isn't wonderful when people do the right thing? I suspect a hateful letter would not have achieved much. You deserved this. It is nice to see a good thing happen to a good person.
oh GOOD.
How wonderful Katie! We just never know unless we ask. :c)
Hi Tim, thank you - it was wonderful and actually quite unexpected - we get so used to people not responding how we would like it's quite remarkable when they do.. strange that thats how it should be! You're far too kind, :)
mmp - very good! indeed... :)
Jayne, I guess it's true if we don't ask we don't get.. it was one of those letters that I wrote straight off as I had a tight schedule to fit it into and deliver...it had to be right first time with no edits or time to question... I hate complaining in any way, but this time it worked
Glad they are doing that - big organizations do surprise us some times...but I guess they are made up of people. :) So glad they listened!
Things have been crazy here and just now feel like they may be starting to settle down, which is good news - I've got time to catch up on blogs! And maybe even get back into blogging myself!
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Hi Rachel, thank you for coming by, it is appreciated :) I'm pleased things are calming down for you, I was surprised by this but delighted too... hope they get it back soon - for summer, my birthday and my trip to London!....waiting impatiently!!
Post a Comment