An interesting talk and presentation by this guy this evening.
Tomorrow, all being well, we will be graced with some of his work around our castle.
There are questions I would love to ask him....didn't get a chance....would love to have time to sit and chat with him properly and not necessarily about dissecting what he has already done...
Afterwards there was a rare opportunity for R and me to have a quiet drink and catch up with each other... times to talk without interruptions of children or phones or family are important and infrequent. Life makes it all too easy to not communicate and to let things ride and not discuss things... long gone are the leisurely days when we only had work and each other and we didn't have to say it all in the odd ten minutes here and there...
There were a couple of important things that had been hanging around just lately... not ten minute ones....they still bother me, but it's good to have shared them...and to have R's take on things too.
We should go out more than we do...
Friday, April 18, 2008
Sculpture and important things..
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Jamie and I had some time to ourselves tonight too without interuptions. It was nice. It actually seems to be happening more and more with the kids busy doing their own thing with friends on the weekends.
Like you and R though, we dont go out together enough. I think partially it's because we are both out of the house all day everyday that family time is precious, and because it costs so much $$ that we all end up congregating with another family or 2 for a potluck.
I'm glad you enjoyed the artshow/talk..........borrow a camera and take some pics of his sculptures this weekend!! ok?
love that guys stuff, thanx for reminding me!
It's so easy to fall into complacency, isn't it? Things just seem to move forward and we then find we've not stopped to really connect in so long. Glad you all had some time together.
The neat thing about your marriage is that you both still want to be around each other for more than 10 minute snatches of time. I have watched so many couples get to the point where they really no longer wanted to be with each other for any real length of time all. That says volumes about how healthy your home and marriage really is. Glad you had a good time out. Hope R is continuing to recover well from the surgery.
Hi Dana,
Am pleased you got to enjoy time together too.
Our main problem is child minding - so it's easier to have people here and then we don't have to worry about it!
I plan on taking photos tomorrow - but soon I will have my camera back :)
mmp - he was really good - lots I wasn't aware of and interesting.
Jayne, I promised myself I wouldn't let complacency kick in but it's hard not to...this holiday has been good.
Under there - thank you, I guess I just hit lucky! R is making good progress and should be ready for work when term restarts on Tuesday! We are useless at timing these things ~ oh well!
Post a Comment