Monday, September 25, 2006

Tonight

First night back at jewellery and silversmithing nightclass - so good to meet up with people I haven't seen since last term, so good to feel other people's energy, meeting new people, and struck as I am so often, by the unrelated benefit this class has on my life beyond it's stated objective - full of ideas, avenues to be explored, just a great place for pooling thoughts - I'd missed it.

3 comments:

awareness said...

Autumn is a time to reconnect with our extra-curriculars. I'm heavily involved with the Home and School Committee at my son's school. I continue to do so because the women who are also involved are bright intelligent women who love to share ideas and their lives.......while we meet about the more mundane stuff.

I am also a crafty person and this time of year, I love to interact with others while working on a project.

Community involvement......helps fill our sense of belonging needs.....or so Maslow says.

Rainbow dreams said...

So he does :) It's something I've discovered despite being told at school that I wasn't creative! However, it is every bit as much to do with the people and discussion and sharing as it is with the actual creating - what crafts do you do?

Jayne said...

I've always said I'd like to take some sort of creative class, but have never taken the plunge. Maybe this fall is the time.