
Just before our break we visited my parents and I happened to be in my old bedroom - now the guest room. Many of the books on the bookshelves are the same as they were when I was at home, but for some reason one of those old books caught my eye and I realised I had never looked inside it, it was so familiar I hardly gave it a second glance.
Hidden in full view was "Mister God this is Anna"
Since I started reading it I've been totally absorbed by it - it is the most wonderful book I've read in years and years. The relationship of this small girl with Mister God, her thoughts and questionings, discoveries and ideas has made me think and look at things at a new angle - there are far too many special parts to single out one or a few even.
I'm probably very slow on picking up this book - the fact it sat for 30 years (mainly I think because it had the word God in the title) without me reading it says that- but it really is a 'wow' book, and for anyone who hasn't read it, it's worth it - or I think it is anway.
"The diffrense from a person and an angel is easy. Most of an angel is in the inside and most of a person is on the outside" Anna aged 6
Friday, September 01, 2006
Mister God this is Anna
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Friday, September 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like an interesting book. Glad that you are enjoying it.
Scott
Thanks both of you - it's really wonderful to have a book I can't wait to get to bed to read - or will read while I'm waiting for the kettle to boil, or at any point really! Just wish I'd done it sooner!
I'll have to look it up! Thanks for the book recommendation. And thanks for always looking in on my blog and making such kind and encouraging comments!
Post a Comment