The return to semi regular exercise feels good, and tonight I was persuaded by a friend to try body balance - a blended version of yoga and tai chi to music - not as peaceful or meditative as yoga, but I'm somewhat stretched all the same, and no doubt will feel it tomorrow.
Normally I exercise on my own, but on recent gym trips I have met up with J and it's much more fun - nothing quite like a good work out to destress and calm, and a bonus if I get to catch up on news I've missed.
People are still asking /semi expecting me to provide what I did in my previous job - more requests today.
For very simple reasons I can't, yet there is no local service for these people any more. Helpless frustration, tinged with guilt, surrounds this, yet I know I tried all the options open before I left, plus I now have a new job I need to concentrate on.
In many ways, the service offered by this charity had grown to such an extent, it was no longer viewed as a charity but more as a statutory service. It's no wonder there is still an expectation from people, and a disbelief that it's disappeared.
I am reminded that we are all on a journey, and recovery is a process, that I slip but there are people to catch me.... and I am thankful for this reminder
Now aching muscles need sleep....
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Exercise is good
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Blessings to you Katie as you begin this new journey. I'm right behind you. Hope those muscles are feeling more relaxed today.
Best of luck with all that is next. Glad that you are enjoying the exercise.
Scott
Recovery is a process.........so is life.......so is returning to believing.....so is exercising.
Enjoyed your post.
Post a Comment