Tuesday, September 19, 2006

An alien concept

A day off - one whole complete day to do whatever I want - how luxurious, how easy for it to run away, who cares if it does.....

time spent reading and catching up on blogs, but still not enough to get to all I wanted to sit and read properly and comment

should clean the house but am off to the library, which means a trip through town to get there and I'm not sure I'm in enough of a self disciplined frame of mind to avoid the shops

calls to make, a christening to accept, the sun is out and the garden is calling

I'm not used to days off, time to call mine - a dream I've had for far too long

4 comments:

Ellen said...

A day off? What's that? Only kidding, of course.

I find when I do get that magical day every once in awhile, I usually loaf around for a few hours.... even though the chores are calling my name. I rationalize it by telling myself that I worked hard for these moments, and I'll get to the chores when I'm darned ready to.

As for going to town, I can't resist window shopping either... no matter if it's a day off or not. I'm just plain weak in the knees when I see the words: CLEARANCE SALE.

Nikita said...

How come I get six weeks to do nothing and end up more tired than I was at the end of term?

Jayne said...

Glad it was such a wonderful time for you Katie!

Rainbow dreams said...

It was good, thanks everyone, with no chores accomplished ellen!

and niki - I think it's to do with relaxing, but know exactly what you mean!

4 weeks ruthe! Bliss...