Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Life

A few days ago in our relatively quiet community a 21 year old was stabbed and died,
I hear of another young man killled in a motorbike accident,
I pass the hospice,
Walk through old familiar territory in hospital
Hear of a family friend who had a heart attack during the summer, now recovering back home after surgery in London.
I hear of families who are grieving, and children who have lost parents,
I watch stories about September 11th on tv.

It hurts, people are hurting.....

For now, I have my family, my children ~ oh so precious ~ last night I hugged them extra tightly and prayed as they fell asleep.

prayed for their lives to be as full of life as possible, and, for me, I vowed to make each moment count, and to cherish all that is given to me. Sometimes it seems thats all we can do.

5 comments:

Debby said...

Yesterday was a hard day for many. I kept the tv off not because I don't care but because that way I can reflect without dwelling on what happened five years ago.

Extra hugs and lots of cherishing every moment (even the bad ones!) IS sometimes the best we can do.

*hugs* for you!

Scott said...

Great post! Glad that you felt those emotions yesterday and connected with your kids the way that you did.

Great stuff.

Scott

awareness said...

It's tragic moments like this one that instinctively bring out the desire to gather and protect our loved ones, arent they?

How sad.........and senseless........

Jayne said...

Life is indeed very short... if we'd all live as if this day were our last, how would it affect the way we see and treat others?

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you for your thoughts and comments, and hugs angelfire - most welcome