Saturday, March 07, 2009

You can never hold back Spring



You can never hold back spring
You can be sure that I will never
Stop believing
The blushing rose will climb
Spring ahead or fall behind
Winter dreams the same dream
Every time

You can never hold back spring
Even though you've lost your way
The world keeps dreaming of spring

So close your eyes
Open you heart
To one who's dreaming of you
You can never hold back spring
Baby

Remember everything that spring
Can bring
You can never hold back spring
(Tom Waits)


It's a beautiful day outside and it made me think of this, just seemed apt today.

Our dreams keep us going, our beliefs, our desires, our search

The seasons promise so much.

New beginnings, hope and possibility.

There are new chapters yet to unfold, with old characters and new.

It’s beautiful, it’s scary, it’s wondrous, unpredictable, unknown, mystical and tantalizingly enticing, drawing us in. We glimpse unspoken promises, hints of the multicoloured journey ahead.

When new chapters start they offer all those things and more, however, as a new one starts another one comes to a close, but each cannot stand alone ~ they are interlinked and interdependent on each other, essential to the mystery.

My great grandmother used to say that the longest hour was only 60 minutes long. How true, and how we feel every one of those minutes, especially when the hours stretch into days and the chapter seems never ending. Other chapters race by and are gone.

I’m wondering what these chapters ahead are going to hold, where they will lead. Will they drag or will I find myself on a magical mystery tour. And what of those around me ~ how wonderful it is to peek over someone’s shoulder and see where their story is taking them and to let them into my story too.

the world does indeed dream of spring, you can never hold back spring - our eternal visual hope, whatever lies ahead.

And even when we think we are lost, perhaps we're not.



8 comments:

much2ponder said...

RD...this is such a good post. Love the lyrics to that song, but even more I love what you wrote from your heart.

"~ how wonderful it is to peek over someone’s shoulder and see where their story is taking them and to let them into my story too."

Yes it is wonderful to peek over someone's shoulder or in this case, into their blog. I feel blessed to get even the tiny snapshot I receive each time I read your blog. You are loved:)

Anonymous said...

Great post Katie.. we are coming into Autumn which is my favourite season...

I like your Grans saying... my hour seems to have 80minutes in it at the moment (sigh) so its a good reminder that its only 60...x

Rainbow dreams said...

Much2ponder,
Thank you, you are loved too :) we take new steps every day even if we don't realise it...I find myself wishing I could just go back and have more time to savour the moment and really relish it. All we can really do is travel alongside one another. Am trying to slow the pace when I can.

Abz,
so many times I have held onto her wisdom, so simple and yet so true...my great grandmother..a remarkable woman, one of the few members of my family who have really guided me. I have wonderful memories - and think I was lucky to have known her at all.

Yes, it really is only 60 minutes in each hour and 60 seconds in each of those minutes...but boy can they drag at times!
sending love, x

Rainbow dreams said...

ps, I always like Autumn too, feels like new year more so than New Year itself...and have some lovely memories of Autumn. It's comforting...and the trees are so beautiful, and the smells too...:)

Gilly said...

As I get older, the time seems to race by. Sometimes it seems its Sunday again, and it was Sunday only two days ago!! worries me, as there is so much to do and see, and things take ages to organise, and we are always waiting on something (like a Hospital appointment, in my case) and can't do anything until that is settled, so time in the meantime in rushing by and its always later than I think!

Walker said...

Seasons bring new beginnings and fresh thoughts to dwell on.
The more seasons that pass, the more memories arise to warm you on those quiet nights.

Rainbow dreams said...

Gilly, time does seem to fly more I agree...not sure why that is really

Good luck with the doctors appointment

am thinking and will be over as soon as life slows down a little :), x

Rainbow dreams said...

Walker,
good thoughts... by nature I guess I look forwards more than I look back - various reasons...looking back nearly always makes me cry...