Sunday, March 01, 2009

"I learned that the world has a soul, and that whoever understands that soul can also understand the language of things.
I learned that many alchemists realized their destinies, and wound up discovering the Soul of the World, the Philosopher's Stone, and the Elixir of Life.
But above all, I learned that these things are all so simple they could be written on the surface of an emerald."


from 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coehlo



I can't help but think that most things in life are simpler than we make them out to be, we just don't always see it.
I have been away, house sitting and animal sitting and have only had brief moments to complete work at the computer..
no internet where I was staying!

(in some ways very liberating but I did miss it too)

However, there was time to reflect...
And time to face a few things that have come to light recently.
Some hard things that need work on, that need my time ~
teen troubles again.
Time, love and effort, commitment
teamwork.

If I'm quiet then that's why.
I haven't felt much like talking lately
sometimes life is scary...
been holding my breath as we start to turn a corner,
but daren't let go just yet...

for some odd reason I want and need to document how I feel.
One day I'll look back at this and remember how hard it was, but we will have come through it, battered and bruised (not literally I should add), but hopefully intact, and maybe wiser, who knows..!

The nicest thing that anyone has said relating to this is that whatever you put in eventually comes out ~
all the love and caring,
all of you that you give,
in the end it shows..

I needed to hear that
and in my heart I know that's true.

Just gotta keep on believing
and keep on loving
and showing it...



Sorry I didn't manage to reply to comments sooner.. they were all appreciated, I will be round soon, but have a very special young persons birthday to celebrate in the mean time :) x



17 comments:

Cynthia said...

Honest, reflective, as I need to be.

BlazngScarlet said...

Reflection is good for the soul.
Yes, most things in life ARE simpler .... WE complicate them.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie

We are all flawed, born that way. Each born with our own stuff to sift through, stuff that no one can sort out for us. I'm just realsing that....but on the journey it's good to find others who touch our hearts and strengthen our souls when we're struggling... and you strengthened mine when I was in the pit.

Thnaks for sharing the journey with me. Hope what ever is happening in your life resolves soon. Great post, these words touched my soul.


Love Julie

Gilly said...

Hi Katie! Good to have your profound reflections back! I mean that sincerely. Yes, we can and do complicate things. And as for teen troubles, having been there, I say keep talking and keep loving. What you put in never goes to waste. (Though it can take a while to show! ;))

Blessings on you.

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

How profound and uplifting.Thank You for sharing :)

swilek said...

"...most things in life are simpler than we make them out to be, we just don't always see it..." This is the reason I love being around children and love my job in the school...they see the world this way and somehow put most things into perspective for us!!

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday to little R!! :c) I love that you are so honest and open about the struggles Katie. It makes you even more lovely and very human to share in that way. Love to you dear friend. XOXOXO

Rainbow dreams said...

Cynthia , thank you for visiting...has been an honest reflective time, and constructive too..

Scarlet, my soul feels raw right now. In essence all things are simple, but I agree there are so many things to complicate matters...

Jules, thank you, and you have mine too, x

Gilly, that made me smile :)
I need to let my feelings and thoughts out.. and so the blog gets it!! Thank you...small steps encourage me.

Confessions of a wandering soul, thank you for coming by and commenting - welcome..

Karyne, children can and do don't they? I always felt I learned the most from children, and in having to get down to the bare bones of things I would see just how much we had complicated it as adults..

Jayne, thank you - he has had a lovely day, we all have had a lovely day. Hope you have too, x
such a beautiful thing to say, love to you too xox

much2ponder said...

Reflection is good; I know that the reason for my blog is to get my feelings out, weather rational or logical or whatever. This is your space to let your feelings go and you know what? I respect you for your honest heart. This life is meant to be shared. Others will benefit from your willingness to share your loves, hurts, laughter, and difficulties. Our struggles are not so different. We are just people making our way through life as best we know how. We need one another at times to remind us we are not alone. I so love your authentic spirit. You just keep being true to you...the rest will fall into place naturally along the way. :)

Calli said...

Yes, reflection and taking time out to think and feel is so good! Teen angst, that's a tough one for sure. As your friend Gilly has said, 'keep talking and keep loving'...I bet the animal sitting helped tremendously, they are so healing to be around.
I wish all the best for everything that you do and for what you're going through. Hugs! :)

ConverseMomma said...

I was a troubled teen, but I am a strong, healthy, loving mother now. This is because my own mother, despite her flaws, did not give up,Dark days do lighten, and stories do have happy endings. Hope you find yours.

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

Katie thank you so much for your heartfelt comments. I saw the blessing posted on much2ponder blog. It felt so apt for the present state of my mind and I decided to post it on my blog..with her permission of course :). But heres the info that I searched for you: http://www.cygnus-books.co.uk/odonohue-john-a-protective-circle-of-light-a257.html

Hope it helps :)

Anonymous said...

t'all circles sometimes doesn't it?
then stills.

it's remembering that the stillness does arrive ...that I keep forgetting

XOXO said...

whatever you put in eventually comes out ~
all the love and caring,
all of you that you give,
in the end it shows..


So true, simple and beautifully said, Katie.

Walker said...

Life is simple, we make it complicated.
Great post

Opaque said...

Great post!!! Love the reflections expressed here!!!

PS: I missed this post and everything after this as I did not receive any updates from your blog on my dashboard. Damn!!! Sorry for the delay in commenting.

Rainbow dreams said...

Much2ponder, thank you, x

Calli, the animal sitting did help in a very strange way. It was a different routine and they do as you say have some kind of healing within them

ConverseMomma, we all have flaws I guess, not giving up is a strength.. I could never imagine giving up on my kids, there is nothing I care more about than them... thank you, x

Confessions, thank you, It's a book I haven't got - will add it to my list of books to get! :)

mmp, ahhhh the still times do arrive.. eventually, thank you, I need to remember it too.. hard at times though..

XOXO Thank you... I do love typing your name :)

Walker, that means a lot :) cheers, mmm we do all seem bent on making it harder than it is at times!

Bros, thanks, and no worries... great to see you!! x