Hedge stalls are commonplace here with a jam jar or such like to leave money in.
A legacy of the past we manage to still hang onto somehow.
I smiled when I saw this one a few days ago. Something about it's simplicity reminded me of stalls I put out as a child.
It doesn't cost much to bring spring in from outside.
A change of rhythm, a splash of colour, a different feel to the place, the smell of spring too.
They are beautiful and spring is on it's way :) honest it is...
Monday, March 02, 2009
Spring
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Monday, March 02, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
What a sight for sore eyes.. and cold hands. Thanks for that lovely breath of spring. :)
What a delight for one's soul, mood and a woman's wardrobe... ;)
THE SPRING IS COMING AND I FEEL IT FROM ALL MY HEART!!!
I just bought myself a bunch as well! I think i'll go back for the mini plant tomorrow.
I love daffodils.
Those daffs are lovely, and I smiled at the "stall" too! Bit early for daffoldils here, but they are all in bud and trying hard! We are still really at the crocus stage!
One more month and mine will be poking out of the ground but it doesnt hurt to give a few bucks to bring it inside earlier to brighten up some of the gloom of winter
oh what a welcome sight in the midst of our long winter! i love those stands..have never seen them before...no one steals the money? !!:) can you tell i live in the 'burb's near Toronto!!!
I love it! What a grand sight, the daffodils. :c)
Bought my first bunch ( from M/S- for shame..) for school.
They lasted A WEEK!
Pleased they were appreciated - mine are still going strong!! I must remember to buy flowers or pick them more often!
Thanks for your comments, x
I love to see these roadside stalls - and yes, sadly, they are too few and far between these days. I grew up in a small community where this was a common thing to see. You still see it in certain countries - such as parts of W Africa an dit always makes me smile. However, we are fast becoming a diminishing world of trust it seems :(
Now, I need to go buy me some daff's!!
Post a Comment