Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Greenbelt is not just for August


Just catching up, and had meant to post this a while back.

Last August Bank holiday we were lucky enough to find ourselves at a festival we had heard lots about in Cheltenham called Greenbelt, where we listened to both talks and music, and over the weekend we experienced and absorbed many things, very personal to each of us, and we left feeling and knowing that we had been somewhere rather special. In many ways it has lingered and left some kind of residual effect inter twined through our lives.

I guess in many ways Greenbelt is not just for a weekend, it's an all year experience.

One thing that has been happening since has been a monthly podcast, available on itunes.
A bit of Greenbelt whenever you fancy it, delivered straight to your ears.

Not so long ago it was number one of the podcast charts in it's category...and that was when I meant to post about it, but visit and listen and leave comments and feedback (who knows - it may yet rise again to number one). I know a lot of work has gone into creating them..and that work is much appreciated :)

The link below should take you to them..

greenbelt podcasts

ps the photo, outside the Jesus arms beer tent on the first night.. first stop while we decided what to do next...:)

5 comments:

swilek said...

i love that there is a "Jesus arms" beer tent!! ironic to some of "baptist" friends at my church!!! i've heard some great things about greenbelt and have checked out the website. i will check out the podcasts for sure!!i love experiences like this where you have them with you all year!

Jayne said...

I remember what a special time it was. Glad you can experience it any day you choose. :c)

Anonymous said...

most recent podcast is Brilliant.......

Rainbow dreams said...

Karyne, the beer tent was great :) and I love the name too! It was so good we're off again this year

Jayne, strange to say that until very recently I didn't even know what a podcast was!! Thank you, x

mmp, it is indeed :)x

Merlin said...

I hadn't ealised that there was a podcast, thank you.

I am scared to think how long I have been going to Greenbelt, coming close to 30 years with only 2 missed. And even before the days of blogs etc, it was like a family. I have never understood how you could spend 5 days with people, then not see them for a year but still pick up where you left off.

I never get to see enough of Greenbelt, always too busy, but the friends I ahve there manage to support me through the rest of the year.