Monday, March 31, 2008

losing time

We're back home.
It was special precious unchartered time ~ to explore, talk, order room service, swim, get dressed up, go out, share pizza and garlic bread, watch tv late, read, write, have long bubble baths, and just hang out together... and still fit in some shopping while we were there.


oh and lose an hour...

we forgot/didn't know the clocks had changed and noone even thought to text us to say....
so we were an hour late all day yesterday and missed the cinema, but hopefully there will be another time, it's just not booked yet! ;)

I seem to be losing time all the time....

I was up late last night because it didn't feel late, and I have a lot of tedious but necessary writing and paper work to do...and the distraction of the internet is all too attractive....

Then I had arranged to meet up with a friend for coffee this morning - we haven't met up for ages, but 4 1/2 hours later we were still chatting and there were things we hadn't caught up with...
I don't know how it happens but time just passed. If we hadn't had children to collect and after school things to arrange I imagine we'd still be nattering away together now.... valuable time we've been promising ourselves for months now.

I know this makes me later still on lots of fronts... and there is a dead line to meet by friday morning.
At some point paper work will have to take priority over people and friends; I also need to shop - the cupboards are bare and the fridge almost empty apart from a bottle of wine and some milk... I was only away for a weekend!!

It's great to be home....lovely to have been away, now I need to shut myself away with the computer and no internet for a few days.
That is exceedingly unlikely to happen - I'll squeeze it in around other things I suppose and we'll muddle through as usual...

I really do quite like being disturbed when I'm working....
shame it's time to steal myself and focus on the road ahead for now...

It was a great weekend... :)


7 comments:

Julie said...

Hello! glad you had a good time away.
I'm fine - thanks for asking. Just going through a 'pruning' time I think at the moment. Losing stuff is hard but with it comes a lightness sometimes and also anticipation of new things for the future.
Just about to book Greenbelt tickets as it's the last day for price reduction - See you there! xx

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

Sounds like you had a great time. : )

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Julie, will do, if not before?
Take care, x

baby sweet pea - thank you, it was good... :) now it's back to reality!

Disillusioned said...

Glad you had such a good time. Hope you manage to wade through the stuff you need to do now without too much pressure.

Jayne said...

Welcome home Katie! Glad it was such a wonderful time away! :c)

Under there... said...

Welcome back. Glad the world slowed down long enough for you to enjoy it...In losing time, you may be gaining life!

Julie said...

Hi Katie.

I'm hoping to get down to London to see you and Dana in May. If I can get someone to have the kids for the day I will be there! x