Recent quotes from the children ~ "I don't want to grow up", "I used to think growing up would be fun but now I think it's just scary...", "I worry about granny, I worry about her getting sick and dying..."
The supermarket seems to be the latest place for thoughts and feelings to come out, strangely, and quite specifically, in the alcohol section, although I'm not sure of it's relevance, apart from it is quieter and has a calmer feel to it than the rest of the shop...
I'm pleased my children feel they can say these things to me, feel safe that they can share them with me, sometimes it's not about answers, it is just about sharing and discussing, talking.
In other situations it's just about being kind... I wondered earlier in the week about whether in fact kindness and communication could be the two most important things in management of people... I'm sure those two go a long way together...
Lately I'm finding being patient exceedingly difficult... not just on the job front ~ but generally, and am being forced into waiting by circumstances beyond my control.
It's so hard giving up control and just waiting, putting things to one side and getting on with life whilst waiting to see how it turns out.
Surely we should be living and experiencing and accepting it as it unfolds, instead of waiting, anxiously or otherwise...
Oh and I'm trying not to become too tediously boring in the meantime!
For me keeping faith and trust in all things is an active process, needing constant renewal, and I think that if I were better at it I wouldn't have to try so hard.... in many areas, and then it might come naturally and spontaneously, like breathing, an inherent and integral part of who I am...
Today is Good Friday and as always it makes me feel melancholy... and reflective.
I also wanted to link to a post I read earlier this morning....I need reminders like this to keep me real and focused on what is truly important...it doesn't matter who it is or where it is...turn on the news every day and there are stark reminders of untimely unecessary deaths and suffering...
and apologies for lack of photos for a while - my lovely camera which travels with me everywhere broke yesterday - the battery cover snapped, and is being sent back to be mended but will take at least 6-8 weeks I'm told!
Today is about quiet family time... it feels good just to be off work together and pottering ~ time well spent :)
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thoughts...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Indeed, we need to all live in the moment and enjoy each day and each breath. Soak it in, seize the joy and the beauty. Be patient, and know that all will be well.
Happy Easter Jayne, Be patient and know that all will be well...words to dwell on and absorb, somehow it always is... I'm just not very good at being patient!! :)
Thank you, x
Post a Comment