
Michael Leunig books do that to me... originally introduced to our family via my sister in law who lives in Melbourne...
So when I spied one sitting on the table as I visited my Mum earlier today I couldn't resist... however, she wasn't about to let it find it's way home with me, and I have had to order my own - our copies of his books have been absorbed into the fabric of the school's Art department -
prayers I liked today...
Prayer for Friends
We give thanks for our friends.
We anger each other.
We fail each other.
We share this sad earth, this tender life, this precious time.
Such richness.
Such wildness.
Together we are blown about.
Together we are dragged along.
All this delight.
All this suffering
All this forgiving life.
We hold it together.
Amen
Michael Leunig
and also....
Prayer of Gratitude
We rejoice and give thanks for earthworms, bees, ladybirds and broody hens;
for humans tending their gardens, talking to animals, cleaning their homes and singing to themselves;
or the rising of the sap, the fragrance of growth, the invention of the wheelbarrow and the existence of the teapot we give thanks.
We celebrate and give thanks.
so many wonderful gems... prayers and magic...
anyone for a cuppa as we get blown about and dragged along?
3 comments:
What gloriously wonderful poems! Thanks for sharing them Katie. :c)
Hi Jayne, you're welcome...there were so many, but those jumped out yesterday :)x
Thanks for sharing these. I cannot wait to go find out more about Michael Leunig's books.Great post and wonderful blog.
Post a Comment