I was watching footage about July 7th last year, and it took me back, not just remembering where I was or where my friends were then, although obviously I did, but to a time when I would have been a part of the emergency services attending those involved...
I was lucky maybe that in my years in Accident and Emergency I was never actually part of a major incident - I missed The Herald of Free Enterprise sinking and the Kings Cross fires during my training and was at the wrong hospital when there was the Clapham rail disaster. However, we were trained for such incidents, and had I been there, I would certainly have been involved.
Now I hear an Ambulance and the adrenaline starts to pump, I hear of major incidents and I want to be there .....
I did let go of it, my life is full and rich, I'm at a different point, I was single then, free with no real reponsibilities to anyone but myself, now I am married with two wonderful children. I have been lucky to have another job I feel strongly about, but that training never leaves me....
It will always be a part of who I am.
Life changes, I think it's a case of letting go, yet not forgetting - something I need to do again - though my ties to A&E are far stronger than to the post I am just leaving........
I think it is true, life does have chapters, perhaps with recurrent themes running through them, but there is something about accepting what has been and not trying to rewrite it over again.
I have an application form on the table - the job I was waiting to be advertised - no guarantees I'll get it - and if I do we're still only half way to where we want to go....
it's a long way removed from A&E, less so from my most recent post, but it would be a new challenge and it would be moving forward ....
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Rambling again.....
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And move forward you shall! :c) To new experiences and new vistas... I lift my glass to yours! (And I'll cross all my crossables that you get the job you want)
good luck!
Thanks - it means a lot - glasses raised all round :-)
Will keep you posted
Post a Comment