Am thinking if we can manage to negotiate our way around own families then surely we can manage our other relationships? By family I don't just mean immediate family, but the family politics that seem to exist in most families I know - we try to make things as simple as possible, but I can't help feeling there are no more highly charged and judgemental relationships as there are in a family.....
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Family thoughts
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think the relationships in our families are so charged and judgemental because we come to our families with huge sets of extpectations about what they "should" be like. We get so attached to the expectation, we can lose sight of some goodness in the reality. But that's just my opinion..ymmv.
If only we could keep an open mind completely...
I think you're right, expectations are probably responsible for a lot, so much is often assumed, without asking, more so from family than from friends...
It was something I was thinking about this weekend following some open conversations within our family, an apology, and a sense of relief following it all...
btw I had to look up ymmv! :-)
Post a Comment