Tuesday, February 03, 2009


It's melting, it was beautiful while it was here,
but then it gets muddy and dirty, and starts to fade,
the perfection tarnished,
nothing lasts for ever,
days off school,
days off work,
snowy beach walks,
hot beach cafe coffee breaks,
no post, no papers, no planes in or out,
snow filled adventures,
snow men, snowball fights, sledging,
white unblemished beauty, a pure canvas filled with memories, and enjoyed.

And now it retreats, a few traces remain in cold corners,
but life returns to routine.
Signs of spring peer out from the once frozen ground
and soon all this will be but a memory,
how transitory it all is,
how transitory everything is...

Apart from someone is dreaming of snowballs in summer...
found these hiding in the freezer :)




best find somewhere else to keep the vodka cold I guess!

11 comments:

Khaled KEM said...

Very nice Rainbow..Your words are expressing the ambiance snow is causing..I like it!!

Rainbow dreams said...

Khaled, so kind, thank you, I am enjoying your blog too, much appreciated, Katie

Jayne said...

LOL Katie! From the news, London is none to pleased with their snow. Glad you all have enjoyed it. :c)

Anonymous said...

That was beautiful love, seeing all these snow stories and photos on the net has me whistful... we have heat and sand here at the moment... must be a little sad as it gets dirty and melts away

Nikita said...

:) I tried to keep snowballs in the freezer once. x

Rainbow dreams said...

Jayne, well, we did enjoy it, and after a day of picking up the pieces work wise the major disruption is all but done with...
always good to have an extra couple of days off with the rest of the world too :)

A'Jay, it is a little sad, but have been browsing my summer photos and would love just a feel of warmth and sand right now, to feel that on my skin would be fantastic.

Niki, and how long did they last? I loved it when I saw them there, we can all dream of hanging onto things...it won't be the same though...! x

Nikita said...

Until I annoyed my sister so much she threw them at me. x

Disillusioned said...

Just to make you jealous, we are still innundated with the white stuff tonight - and (well, personally anyway) hoping for futher falls tonight.

Marja said...

I had to laugh at the snowballs. My kids always did dad to preserve them.
We only get maybe one day of snow in the winter and they stayed up till late outside to play with it.
Looks you had plenty

Walker said...

In the beinning it always is.
Soft, new and exciting
Just time to play

Rainbow dreams said...

Caroline, I wish we could have had just one more day...

Marja - they are still there waiting :)

Walker, it has to be the best bit - the beginning and the playing too!