Today the sun came out,
we had a call from college friends we haven't seen since the children were tiny inviting us over,
yet again there were not just one or two, but several friendly and gorgeous airmen in town, smiling and chatting and creating an all over good feeling :)
I spent time with a friend who just sees and is beautiful, who gave me a wonderful gift too, for no reason...
I finally spoke to someone pleasant and cheerful within the health care system and that in itself was reassuring
I bought a pair of shoes within about five minutes, they were just waiting for me :)
I felt warm sand between my toes, as I sat looking out to sea on a near empty beach and wondered at the worn and rusty barriers that protect us from the ravages of the waves...
John O'Donohue has been quoted more than once, on far better blogs than mine, saying
"Beauty does not linger, it only visits. Yet beauty's visitation affects us and invites us into its rhythm, it calls us to feel, think and act beautifully in the world: to create and live a life that awakens the beautiful."
Today has been inconsequentially filled with beauty, or beautiful moments that have revealed themselves to me. We all need beautiful moments, they change how we feel and how we view our days.
Some days they all come at once, a refuelling with whats right with the world.
Beauty might only visit but it's effects linger on, gradually transforming the ordinary into something totally extraordinary, the seemingly inconsequential into something very consequential indeed.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Inconsequentially beautiful
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a lovely day you've had!
Thanks for the quote from John O'Donohue. I will need to keep that one close by as a gentle reminder.
Appreciating the inconsequential... living in each breathtakingly beautiful moment. Wish we could all strive to do this every day. :c)
a visit from beauty changes our day
so true
Thank you for managing to be inspiring
Thank you all, am trying to slow enough to see the beauty every day, or at least for it to find me
Merlin, am not quite sure what to say, so thank you, :)
Post a Comment