And so we have an exhibition, rather R has an exhibition.
Right on the heels of Greenbelt ~ and after a long period of preparation.
An eclectic mix of 60 pieces of work with different meanings and stories behind them.
It's the stories behind the art that I love the most - very little has been done without a reason behind it, even if the reason is just fun, or just an idea. Some are more serious in nature although not immediately evident.
A mix of humour with the more serious. Different angles, different perspectives, imagination, more of the why not? than the why? ~ time to play, and things to make people stop and question
Which is the reaction we got when we were hanging it - it was SO good to hear discussions and reactions and debate and to cause a stir :) :) :)
People stopping and looking and not just walking on by.
There are few traditionally pretty scenes in there - although we were selective for the venue and included some which are intermingled with the rest ~
the venue being the local hospital.
One thing had to be brought back even though it was causing the most disturbance and I wanted it to stay - our lightbulb on a rock. Health and safety issues mean we have to cover it before we can have it on show. It is being worked on now....
We all have our favourites, and some I love for various reasons.
Mainly I love the ones I can feel just by looking at them that he enjoyed creating... not for the composition, but because they ooze something that says they have been crafted with love and care and say something about all the different aspects of him that need a way out :)
There are nowhere near enough venues for people to express themselves artistically here... but thats another post and might just be too much of a gripe to write it!
I'm curious to see how it is received too, will this place embrace something a little different from the norm? I wonder..
Regardless of that, and above all it's been fun...
Monday, September 01, 2008
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Monday, September 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I LOVE the flower in the third photo at the end! I also love that his art is so varied. I am sure everyone will love it!
.......ooooooooh
i love exhibitions and i adore being involved in the hanging. Like you said, the comments are always a treat!
Hope all goes v well.
mmp
Absolutely amazing!!!
I would not have known that all those works were by the same artist. My favourite is the first one great flow of colours, I keep looking at it expecting it to change and meld.
Thank you, I will pass the comments along :)
It has been great fun.
His art is varied - he loves to play and experiment and use different things to express himself in his work. There are a couple of pieces I wouldn't have recognised as his. I like that.
It keeps it fresh...
not really my post but his I suppose!, cheers
Post a Comment