All the school books are now home, desks emptied, we've had the introduction evening for the new school and each day there are more good bye activities... more endings, while the light of new beginnings glimmers brightly beckoning in the wings...
today is the talent show..
The talk is of who will be in whose class, which teachers they will have...and of the holiday looming ahead.
This week we promised ears pierced too... not quite a rite of passage but something akin to it I guess!!
Meantime R is on activity week.... and I hold my breath as I say... beekeeping.... I hold my breath and we wait to see... I do trust the school know exactly what they are doing ~ it's him and not me thankfully - you wouldn't get me in one of those white hooded suits messing with bees for anything...!!
It's time for slow calm breathing...
perhaps we'll get some honey out of it...?? :)
Oh, and in update, apologies, but please bear with me - I have enabled comment moderation - I don't want to put any of you off from leaving comments but it was something I felt I had to do - for now at least...x
Monday, June 30, 2008
The final countdown...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mmmmm... fresh honey... yes, as long as someone else is collecting it. ;c)
Beekeepers will tell you: it's the safest thing. That's why they are all ocvered up head to toe? Hope R finds it enjoyable. Honeycombs are so delicious.
And, yeah, I guess that's why I got confused yesterday and sent 2 comments?? Okay, now I know...wait, be patient!!
I agree Jayne...;)
Violetsky, I am not so sure I'd trust a beekeeper...they said that boys can expect to get stung a few times but it's normally just a minor irritation!!! Now I am recalling the last time I was stung...perhaps I over reacted??
Thats ok - sorry I guessed yesterday
Enjoy the wind down to the end of term. A time of many changes here too. Ear piercing is also on the agenda for H, if she is brave enough (she really wants it but may have a crisis of confidence!)
Beekeeping. Now there is something. I have a great respect for the bee. Love to watch them work, from a distance. : ) And honey...that would be wonderful!!
I am sure they are perfectly safe because people do it all the time, but I still do not think I would have the nerve for it. R has my respect---Wow!
Caroline, it has been madness.. finally I have both children finished although there are two weeks left for Rob.. the ears were pierced today and it wasn't nearly as bad as she had imagined...I couldn't reassure because it was fairly barbaric the way mine were done years ago!
Hope you find some stillness in the run up to your end of term too, x
baby sweet pea - ah yes, so do I - and I agree, distance is the key :)
we did get some honey too...!
under there - there must just be some people who don't get put off by stings and who aren't phased by the noise...
he has my respect - I wouldn't have done it!
Post a Comment