Monday, June 30, 2008

Beekeeping ,day one, was really quite a pleasant surprise!

The proximity of the beach to the hive didn't dawn on me until I dropped R off.
There was no time to achieve anything of real value before I had to collect him, so I spent a most welcome hour soaking up the sun and the gentle sounds of the wind and waves and birds and absorbing the glorious colours of the ocean.
I love the patterns in the rocks and the battered boat resting close to shore.
Time to muse... a problem shared with the right person certainly makes a difference and it was a much more relaxed me that contemplated life and my small family as I sat waiting for his return.

So far noone has been stung, and we are looking forward to tomorrow.
I have the map of where to go and have worked out the nearest beach, just in case the weather is favourable and there is nothing else pressing to do...

4 comments:

Jayne said...

What a wonderful photo Katie! Gaining perspective is always the key, isn't it? Love and hugs to you dear friend! Have a beautiful day... sans stings of course.

Under there... said...

What a spectacularly beautiful place you are in! Enjoy the sun and waves...I am still in awe of R for braving it!

Anonymous said...

I've always thought beekeeping would be thrilling, slow, and romantic - all rolled up together.

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Jayne, it is... thank you, x

Under there, it is beautiful and I do love it, but then again I haven't travelled that far to know other places... I would love to and will, one day :)

Jenny, It sounds it doesn't it and reminds me of a film I saw which enhances that image, but I'm just not good with the buzzing...
have started reading the secret life of bees though - have meant to for a while..
R's verdict on the bees was smelly and smoky...he wasn't hooked on it!