Monday, August 20, 2007

Because...
it's good to focus on other things sometimes... and it's easy, well it is for me anyhow, to get caught up in stuff thats likely going to happen whatever and however, and has had plenty of time spent on it already...
and because when I get caught up in all those things I miss others...




Yesterday S disappeared into the garden - "I'm going to pick flowers" she said....
Next thing we knew there was a huge clatter in the conservatory...
"It's ok - it's only water...I'm clearing it up..." she called through to us
I resisted the urge to go and check - she was calm and controlled - I should be able to let her deal with situations and trust she is old enough not to need me to clear up her mess...

the reward...
a vase full of beautiful flowers I hardly realised were out there...

There is nothing quite as beautiful as a gift from the heart to ground me and make me realise whats important... every time I look at them...

Oh for a child's simplicity...

5 comments:

Jayne said...

How very sweet and beautiful Katie...

Disillusioned said...

That's so lovely. Enjoy - you deserve to.

Rainbow dreams said...

thanks, x

Anonymous said...

Katie, I told you that girl is beautiful and will figure everything out in time. You have been a good Mom, set good examples.now she will follow thru! These are learned examples she is exhibiting for you. Have a happy day. We love you on this end. Samtzmom's Mom

Rainbow dreams said...

what a beautiful thing to say to me...thank you, x