The holidays are flying past and on a practical level we need to prepare for the start of term...
Saturdays spell cleaning for us and greeting and being nice hosts and hostesses...
sometimes I hate being nice to order...
last night as I sat sewing name tapes in... a tedious task.... we relaxed watching 'Maid in Manhattan' a feel good film borrowed from a friend....... we rarely get to watch any films together... in fact have seen very few movies... tonight we have 'Serendipity' - recommended by Jayne. In fact it's been one of the things I have enjoyed this break - watching dvd's we haven't seen before... 'Little Miss Sunshine' was a real treat to see in Herm when it rained...
However, serendipity is on hold for the rugby....
do I mind the boys ask?
Considerate I think, but they know my heart beats ever so slightly faster when my Jonny is playing... and he doesn't disappoint...I admire him for many reasons - but the sheer testosterone oozing from the screen is addictive too...and he makes it all the more interesting to learn more about the game...
a great athlete with fantastic legs... and he hardly ever misses...
ok, I'm easily pleased but he will bring a smile to my face and lust is allowed when it's the gorgeous Mr Wilkinson...shame about the result though...
there are more name tapes to sew.. and other things left to do... can't believe how fast this holiday is going... and am only just getting into it...
oh and a couple of things that made me smile today - in preparation for the start of term I picked up the latest night class brochure - I'd seriously miss my silversmithing class if I couldn't do it...
seems like every other person we know is teaching this year... a sign of the times - it's expensive just to live here....
but honestly.... who thinks up the titles of some of the classes....?
'art for the terrified'.. repeat course ( I'm guessing because it didn't work the first time round... they are still terrified? )
and 'living with hearing loss - repeat course'... had us giggling... however juvenile that is...!
Finally got to watch Serendipity...a beautiful film about love and fate and destiny...thanks Jayne, x
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Serendipity and things that make me smile...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, you finally got to see it! What a wonderfully feel good movie it is! Makes me want some hot chocolate, even in this heat. Glad you enjoyed it Katie!
Post a Comment