Sunday, January 21, 2007

Not quite bayw*tch....




Riding waves seems to be the theme of the week....

Given the weather lately, the surf was looking good, that is from the safety and warmth of our house, or even from the car....... dramatic, stunning, wild, untamed, spectacular....

Freezing and dangerous also spring to mind....

However, it would appear that some people are blessed with less sensation in their body than me and jumped at the idea of spending two hours in ice cold water trying to stay upright on a surfboard... at one with nature, battling the elements......

S and I watched from the beach to start and then retired to drink hot chocolate and coffee and read our books until the boys had quite finished.

I have to admit it did look like fun if it had been a blissfully hot Summer's day.....

but it's the middle of winter....


















8 comments:

Beth said...

Those guys are CRAZY! Great pictures, though...winter finally arrived here, with freezing rain and low temperatures and hopes and prayers for a snow day tomorrow so we can all sleep in!

:P said...

i could only imagine temperature of the freezing water!! i think I would turn into an icicle once i hit the water. but then again, that's just me. =D

take care!

Jayne said...

Brave souls, but brrrrrrrrr, makes me cold just thinking of it!

Nikita said...

Oh but it's so much more fun in the freezing water. It's absolutely the best experience ever; you really must try it. The coldness pales into insignificance after a while and it's just...

Rainbow dreams said...

oh it's really horrid wet and windy weather here - snow would be wonderful Beth...

Yette, I am sure I'd be an icicle too! I should try a wet suit, but fear I'd never take it off :)

Jayne, they were freezing.... for ages afterwards too

Niki, I'll believe you - talk like that might even make me try it at least once....
when I havea wetsuit though :)

Scott said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I wish I lived near the Ocean.

Anonymous said...

i love winter

i love to ski

but i have to admit, i would have been drinking coco w/ you

Rainbow dreams said...

Scott, when I lived in London the one thing I missed most was the sea.

Question girl, welcome.
I don't mind the cold if I'm wrapped up well :) We rarely get snow here though I did ski once on holiday a few years back - rather faster than I intended...!
I'd love to water ski though.