Saturday, January 13, 2007

It was hard but....


I'm back - have had sleep and food and wine and hugs and love.
I'm back to feeling human.

The course was tough, tougher than I'd imagined it could be.
I have worked and studied ~ no time for the gym, or swimming pool, jacuzzi or sauna, no time for shopping....


New information to understand and assimilate, remember, and then time for a few hours sleep before a new lot of information came my way.


I was sure the others on the course had so much more experience than I did.
In the end I'm not so sure - I think we were all overwhelmed by the degree of information and short time to get to grips with it.

The exam was yesterday afternoon, results in a fortnight.....

After delays in travel, I arrived home late last night, all ready to collapse into a warm bed :)
It was an assault on the senses, stretching the grey matter more than it has been worked in years...

In a strange way it felt good to be challenged by facts and understanding.... reawakened the thirst for more knowledge.

In amongst this were people ~ a lovely couple I ended up talking to over supper on the first night as we waited nearly an hour and a half for our food, and who acquired free wine for us all while we waited :), some wonderful hotel staff who made sure I had lunch to take out every day, the course leader who drove around Southampton countryside for ages trying to get me back to my hotel after the first stressful day, and the other girls on the course, one of whom I will meet in February when I go over again...

Today I've been recovering - the reward for hard work, it feels good

4 comments:

Ellen said...

So glad to hear your learning experience was fruitful, and glad to see you made it home in one piece. I'll bet your family was just as happy to see you home.

Knowledge is a good thing.... cramming it in the gray matter for application in such a short time is not an easy task. But you are smart, eager in your field, and have a big heart.... so miracles will happen because of your kind spirit and caring nature. Best of luck!

Jayne said...

Welcome home Katie. Glad it was a challenge to your brain, but I know it's always nice to return to your own bed. Hugs!

Rainbow dreams said...

Such kind words Ellen, thank you.
I think the separation was good for all of us in lots of ways - I might not (didn't) like it but it's another step onwards and a reminder I can't halt the pace of time, I have to treasure the moment and move onwards :)

Thanks Jayne, to sink into my own bed was wonderful... hugs too

awareness said...

Hi Katie!!! Welcome back! By now, you're off to work today letting the new information percolate and connect with previous learning...... It is good to stretch ourselves with formal learning.....

it's ALWAYS nice to come home too. One never appreciates it more than when one has been away.