Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Looking up

Am feeling much better.....

helped in a small way by a few things ~

A thank you card we received today, totally unnecessary, out of the blue, from someone we met in the middle of last year.
Thank yous are always lovely to receive, but even more so when it's not expected and when it's for something very small. The timing was excellent too - some people seem to always get it right..... I don't, but this was perfect...

I was also dog sitting for my Mum - the dog rested in her bed, and I rested on the sofa.... she has an uncanny way of just knowing, picking up on feelings and emotions, I remember that from our dog when I was growing up too.
Added to that I finished two books totally unrelated to work, enjoyed the calm of their garden, relished the peace and quiet, and just being in my own space - wonderful.... :)

4 comments:

awareness said...

sweet surrender..............

glad you're on the mend.........

Mary said...

Nice post. I agree with dogs having a sense of knowing when you're down. My two active Boston Terriers sat with me and never complained for the weeks following my ankle surgery. Their thoughfulness amazed me.

Scott said...

That is so great that you are feeling better. What books did you get the chance to read??

My dog always seems to know when I am not feeling 100% too. They rule!

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks - it's back to work tomorrow :(

I finished a fantastic bk called Blankets by Craig Thompson
and a novel, the mercy of thin air - easy compulsive reading but not hard on the brain :)