sometimes it's not particular people we lose trust in,
sometimes it's life in general we feel we can no longer trust...
Just too much, in too short a time to be able to ward off the inevitable damage to our protective defenses,
our foundations shaken.
So we are left open and vulnerable,
starting over again,
with new knowledge, and increased awareness.
Yet, even when things settle,
uncertainty remains until it no longer seems to be justified...
Learning to balance again,
and relax whilst doing it,
effortlessly
But
does anyone,
and dare we,
relax totally?
or will we fall if we do?
ever vigilant,
building it up again,
still waiting for the next rock
to come from out of nowhere
and topple it over
think it may just take some time
8 comments:
Beautiful reflective writing It is hard to find balance Yes trust is very important but I never do it conciously I play with children have a walk through the bush or listen to Bocelli and suddenly I realise I am completely relaxed and grateful and happy
What a perfect photo to go with your words. The precariousness of it all - makes you hold your breath and as you say, dare to relax.
Trust is a tough one...hmmm, I can think of a few occasions where I've allowed myself to 'relax totally' and the rock came crashing down, but you are so right we continue to try again and again...
that's all we can do!
thoughtful post my friend!
~ Calli
Thought-provoking, this one. Well, it will take a lot of time or may be never be able to trust someone completely.
Nicely written!!!
Lovely photo, and deeply felt words. Thanks for your email. Love and hugs. X
I think you're quite the enigmatic blogger miss Rainbow. It's hard to know sometimes whether you're generalizing; remembering your past hurts; or hurting in the here and now ??? I guess the principle is the same in every case though, eh : we just have to re-stack our rocks and get on with it!
Marja, I have rarely had to find balance consciously, and isn't it always the way that as soon as you have to think about it that you start to topple - there is a lot to be said for faith that all will be well!! Sometimes it isn't that easy, but I do agree with you, if only...
Violetsky, thank you :) Hmmm last time I dared relax and dared to think all was going to be ok...my world came crashing down, and in the most beautiful place imaginable...indeed I now realise quite how precarious it can be..
Calli, I will always tend to trust as a starting point, and let it grow from there, but once broken it can be hard to reclaim.
However, when it is important we do try and try again - there has to be trust...or else nothing stable will develop.
Brosreview, thank you, I am around and will be back to you very soon.
Honestly, heaven only knows... am not sure I do...what is it that even those you thought wouldn't, will let you down, perhaps it is innately human that we are all bound to let someone down and betray trust at some point.. we are all fallible, perhaps we are foolish to trust, and yet I do.
Gilly, thank you x and it was so long overdue.. I have a few waiting.. my apologies again, x
Diver,
enigmatic.. I like that somehow! :)
I always blog in the present...and yet we are fed by and learn from our past. I see little point going over the past unless we are learning from it, or unless we are reminiscing over happy things.
So, in truth, life has been exceedingly painful of late, yet as we have picked our way through the carnage, much has come to light that has needed to be dealt with. And in fact there have been many blessings hidden within it, that otherwise we wouldn't have known about, perhaps until it was too late, which makes me shudder...
Unfortunately it has been a lot all at once, but I was brought up to do exactly what you say... to re-stack our rocks and get on with it and so that is what I am doing...!! :)
Post a Comment