Everyone needs a break now and again, an escape ~ a distraction
such as coffee with friends,
and banter with the friendly guys in the shop while they try to sort my mobile out.
Why is it that I should become uncontactable at the very moment I need it the most? The very reason I gave in and ever bought one in the first place all those years ago and it gives up, it's microphone has died...oh yes, I can hear them, loud and clear, but they can't hear me at all!
So while all hell breaks loose I am stuck phoneless!
with nothing to do but wander the town till it's sorted :)
Feeling good starts from the inside out so they say...and so I succumbed to the call of some beautiful bright and fun underwear - which worked to lift my mood and put a spring in my step, plus it was cheaper than shoes, my other (recently acquired, but not particularly affordable) vice!
quickly followed by tackling the issue of dental appointments for the family, which I have been delaying for ages, but may as well get it all over at once I guess. That could well bring my vices to a sharp halt....shopping ones anyhow!
An unexpected call from my wise friend across the ocean was the balm I needed when I arrived home,
followed later on by a link to this from another friend...science is fascinating...
and curiosity begged me to watch this...! just when you thought you knew all you needed to know, you find another cure for hiccoughs :)
Thursday, May 21, 2009
and now for something completely different...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Well, well, well! LOL!
Yes, we all need a bit of intereaction with others, don't we? I was lifted the other day just by meeting someone I hadn't seen for ages, didn't know very well (she is from the same church, but we never coincide at services!) and couldn't for the life of me remember her name! (my fault, its a senior moment, I'm afraid)
Nut it gave me a real life, though I possibly didn't deserve it.
I hope your dentist's don't charge as much as my dentist does! :(
It's lovely just walking around town with no particular mission.
And as for the phone thing, mine is switched off. Because when it's on I have no idea what it's going to do!
xxx
Lol Gilly :) I had to laugh...some of it quite bizarre!
Interaction is good, and something different from the norm helps too. It can certainly lift us when we need it.
Have just bumped into someone I haven't seen for ages and then our paths cross twice in less than 24 hours...made me smile inside (and out).
That word 'deserve' shouldn't be in there - you know that?x
Lately my memory has been shot to pieces but I'm hoping it'll improve soon :) Am good with faces and lousy with names, people have to forgive me for that one!
Yes I expect ours do charge as much - there is a free schools one but from experience I'm not returning to it...have been nervous about it because they were talking orthodontics last time for the kids (they have reached that age) and I know how much it costs.
Niki, it is lovely - was very strange but it would be the one time I needed it to know what was going on at school with R... murphy and his law were up to no good!
what does yours do when it's on? xx
Ok .... I admit it, all I can see is the man stimulating and mounting the pig.
I have tried to formulate a decent response ... and I can't.
Thanks for me NOT being able to get THAT image out of my head! LOL
:D
I am truly sorry Scarlet.. all I can say in my defence is that obviously traumatised by recent events I was compelled to watch the clip and share...
It amused me, although given the person who linked it in the first place perhaps I should have thought twice!!
I was always told that the young farmers 'do's' were some of the best!! now I hate to think why ;) x
Well... people can ring me! Some people I don't mind, but some are nasty like people who want me to have a stair lift or a house in Spain.
I like text messaging, but I put a lot of thought into mine and I hate it when I'm rewarded with a simple 'ok' or something like that.
I will get a Sure sim card, but am in no rush.
My O2 one currently charges me 35p for a text, 18ppm to call and 30ppm to receive a call!
xxx
Post a Comment