Friday, April 10, 2009

It's the holidays

And so we got active...
doing and creating and having fun together
aka stress management ;)

kayaks we borrowed to play in




next door's dog came to play while we sorted a room to put our pool table up in...a project in progress :)


clay work that took over the conservatory... I can never get away from the scene in Ghost when I'm working in clay, but this one wasn't mine!



The finished vase waiting to be fired...and I discovered that it's not a good idea to leave my camera in the car overnight as the lens was misted up and took ages to clear... long after the pot had gone from the house.


And clearing a space around the spa for a patio area.
Lowering and levelling ground when most of it is solid granite is hard work, and we took turns with the sledge hammer to break it up...
It looks like a building site at the moment but if you're sitting in the spa you don't see any of it, you only see the lovely views and the sky!



all rocks are hard, just some are harder and bigger than others!!


No wonder I'm shattered and in need of a rest.... and there's still more left to do!!

10 comments:

Independent Chick said...

Love the pictures!

Time for a rest now. : ) Maybe a glass of wine. I'll have one with you. xx

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks Stacey, oh yes, a rest is called for, and a glass of wine - kids only just in bed though!! will raise a glass to yours, xx

swilek said...

You have been busy...can we see the finished product of both the vase and patio when it is complete?!!:) SOunds heavenly! I wish our weather was conducive to kayaking ...soon though I hope! btw, I love that scene in Ghost too:) Happy Easter Weekend!

BlazngScarlet said...

Salut!

I will join y;all in that glass of wine! :D

Gilly said...

Gosh! You have been busy! That rock looks mammoth - can't you sell the things? I'm sure people would buy them, though I suppose it would be difficult to get it from A to B!! Especially over to England!

Lovely pictures too. Bit too early now for wine, but I'll toast you in a cup of coffee!

Jayne said...

Holy cow! Now, THAT'S a rock! I can see why your muscles are tired. But a good tired I am sure. Can't wait to see the finished result. :c)

much2ponder said...

hey rd...been a bit out of the picture lately. Took a trip to Colorado to meet up with all the kids and grand kids. I will post something soon. I love what you are your family are doing. Makes me wish my kids were still home...but then again, maybe not:) Family is a wonderful gift from the Lord. Enjoy them while they are still with you. Blessing to you and I hope your holiday was wonderful.

Linda S. Socha said...

LOVE THE PHOTOS. This is definitely an active life going on here. I felt the need to rest just looking at the pictures....
WOW
Linda

Walker said...

I need a rest now.
Thats alot of work and it is the seasom to prepare for the summer.
Doesn't it seem that we have to do more work to relax than not

Happy Easter

Rainbow dreams said...

Karyne,
of course you can and will.. the vase will be done sooner than the patio but as it is my son's it might not come home for a while!
Thank you, we had a good Easter, hope yours was too.

Scarlet, Salut!!
*Pours a glass out*
I'll try to avoid commenting when I'm under the influence though, or you'll get even more of my dreaming secrets!!

Gilly, It is a mammoth rock and people do sell them - though I am thinking about a table of some sort with it.. we'll see :) Coffee is good.

Jayne, I'm shattered but hope the tank will be refilled soon...sleep and food and exercise. I hoe it's finished soon too - we have been working on it on and off for a year now!!

m2p, that sounds fun..I have been quiet too lately, only catching snippets around the place. Thank you, I am trying - they are tugging hard to break away!

Linda, thank you :) I have a new memory card for the camera and am having fun using it... the holiday was good, hope yours was too.

Walker, hmmm yes, we do have a lot of work to do if we want to relax properly -last year we didn't bother and yet every time I looked around I was bothered by things I hadn't done!!
Happy Easter, x