Daisy chains,
fields of daisies to sit in for hours and dream,
he loves me, he loves me not...he LOVES me!
(whoever HE is)
Dandelion wishes,
Honey from clover flowers,
What does the buttercup say? do you like butter?
(Everyone does if the sun shines!)
planning for any kind of break, a trip, a visit,
planning, packing,
lists and more lists,
dreams, fantasy,
longing,
counting down days
childish memories
moments treasured when life was simpler,
important moments to treasure
~ those 'forever' times
right here and now...
so caught up I almost missed it,
scary what we sometimes just don't see
or else we pass by so easily
fields of daisies to sit in for hours and dream,
he loves me, he loves me not...he LOVES me!
(whoever HE is)
Dandelion wishes,
Honey from clover flowers,
What does the buttercup say? do you like butter?
(Everyone does if the sun shines!)
planning for any kind of break, a trip, a visit,
planning, packing,
lists and more lists,
dreams, fantasy,
longing,
counting down days
childish memories
moments treasured when life was simpler,
important moments to treasure
~ those 'forever' times
right here and now...
so caught up I almost missed it,
scary what we sometimes just don't see
or else we pass by so easily

8 comments:
This is so sweet, Katie!
Simplistic beauty...I adore daisies and buttercups! Daisies are mother nature's smile!!!
Makes me think of one of my favorite Doris day films - 'Please Don't Eat The Daisies.'...
he loves me, he loves me not...(whoever HE is) love that! and I can relate...:)and i still do that with daisies even now at my age!!
enjoyed my visit!!!
~Calli
Calli,
thank you :) I love daisies too - was remembering when I would pick my daughter up from school and we would sit eating lunch and making daisy chains in the park.. once she gave a nearby workman her chain which was so cute.
I haven't seen that film - must look it up, thank you for that!
Oh and I still do that too.. and tell the time from dandelions - life's too short to grow up totally!
Very nice RD...sorry I have been out of touch lately...life seems to keep me searching for peace so I do not spend nearly as much time on the computer as I once did. I miss you though and will come back soon:)
Beautiful written poem with full of hidden treasures. Well describe of the real life, yet I was blinded for so many years. Your poem drives me to pursue on my other dreams. You have done such a great thing to me. I can't use word to describe how much I wanted to thank you - far more than BIG THANKS from the bottom of my heart. It is my pleasure to be given an opportunity to leave behind my comment. God bless,
Lovely poem, Katie and gorgeous photos, too. Don't we make life complicated sometimes!!
What a beautiful bright and cheerful poem and pictures!
Just what I needed to heighten my spring fever :)
Daisies are a fav of mine too
You have such a way with words. xo
ah yes,
red clover flowers so sweet with honey, sorrel leaves and beech nuts...sigh!
Post a Comment