Monday, October 22, 2007

It survived...

Shamefully it has taken until today for us all to go on a family bike ride since S passed her cycling proficiency before the Summer - there were so many things we wanted and planned to do - and only ever achieved a fraction of them...

However, we landed up for an icecream at the beach we were at the other day...and just for fun searched to see what, if anything, remained of our art work...

seems not only has it survived the tide and sea, but someone else has found it and progressed it... the children loved it - I loved it... time for another photo - though only my phone with me to take it...


and time to add more ourselves...



aswell as starting a race to the sea in stones...R told me the tide was coming in - in fact it was on it's way out and we couldn't work fast enough to catch it without us all joining in....

interesting people's reactions - we had been putting stones in place for a while when a toddler came and took one from higher up. The lady with him was so apologetic, making him put it back and almost telling him off... we were only playing - a game almost - it wasn't important - yet somehow like a sandcastle, this line of stones had taken on an importance beyond what it was...

I wonder how long it will stay, will anyone add to it, will I see it grow or will it just return to the sea and the beach...

5 comments:

Jayne said...

How very cool Katie! Can't believe it survived all that time. Hope it lasts and lasts... :c)

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Jayne, we're just playing which is fun... I thought it was cool that the first one had been added to by others and I had expected it to have been washed away - Rob went down today while I was at work and said someone had taken all the bigger stones out of the race to the sea and left the smaller ones - not sure why... the kids were pleased I hadn't been there because the sea was miles out and they knew I'd have wanted to keep the line going and there would have been lots of stones to collect!
When do you have half term break? or do you?
Hugs
x

Shaz said...

Thats so kool i would have to move it round a bit to see if someone put it back ;)

Caroline said...

that's fantastic!
must go to a beach sometime soon. interactive community art - such an excellent thing to set up :)

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Shaz, I'm thinking it might have been for a very good reason - sometimes they do take vehicles down there - or perhaps they were just playing too :)

Caroline - I'd be more than happy to spend my days doing things like that - would love it...
watch this space.. maybe... :)