The morning was off to a brilliant start.... the sky was beautiful and the world was glowing...
I spent the morning at work and then made my way back home.
Time for a cup of tea and contemplate what to do with the rest of the afternoon until I had to collect the children... It felt unusually relaxed and peaceful for a weekday... it being Tuesday...
so I was thinking "what do I usually do on Tuesdays?" I don't usually have time to come home and drink tea...
I usually go to Yoga straight from work...
which was when I remembered that this week I had cancelled Yoga because of my son's Harvest Festival... which started at 2pm...
and the time at that exact moment was...2pm...
Ok so I'd miss most of it, but at least I could still be there to collect him at the end...
I arrive and as usual there is nowhere to park, so I leave the car at daughter's school and take the path round the back to appear less blatant about it... get to the church, say hello to the head teacher from the junior school and sit in a seat just at the back...
Just as I sit down everyone else starts to stand up...and I've missed it...
There was a moment of realisation that I could only see quite small boys...
and then I was wondering...as I registered that in fact they were ALL small boys...there were NO bigger ones...and the people I knew who were there all have at least one child in the junior school... but R is now in senior school... we left this behind last year...
Yes, I had both just made it to, and missed, the wrong Harvest Festival, and missed Yoga... much to the general amusement of my friends who were at the right Harvest festival....and very keen to point out the fact!!
there was nothing for it but to go out for tea and wait until it was time to collect S from school...
and hope my brain made it's way home from wherever I left it that morning... presumably lost looking at the sky!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
And so the day progressed...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ah - good story! I'll share a similar one: My Sydni called once last year to have me pick her up from school. She was ill. I went to the nurse's office at the school and asked for her. They looked at me like I was crazy.
I was at the wrong school - she left that school a year before. She was now at the junior high.
I was an idiot.
But it was funny - later!
Oh katie thats so funny I am so like that Im hopeless and the butt of everyones jokes when I do so xx
LOLOL Katie! We've all been there...err... I think I was there just yesterday! Love and hugs to you!
lolololol
love it. hope little R forgave you?
entirely worthy of a sally 'and then it dawned on me' award.
the farther I venture into the land of menopause, the more of those wacky brain blips occur. Of course, I don't blame it on my hormones or my uterus. I just tell them now that I was lost in thought writing a masterpiece in my head.....
or
I blame it on being left handed and having different wiring than the right handed people of the world.
ps. My Mom entered a church locally last Sunday afternoon. She had always wanted to see the inside of it (she's not from here).....and was lured in by the beautiful music that was playing. thinking that it was a sunday service, she entered and sat down only to realize (not so quickly because she was looking around at the ornamentation) that she had crashed a FUNERAL of some well known Veteran from the area.
the moral of the story? These weird happenings and brain blips get stranger as we age!
something to look forward to.
Beth, I can see how that could happen - am pleased you could laugh later..
Shaz, I just seem to be getting worse though...but it keeps us all amused!
Jayne, thanks, makes me feel less alone,x
Caroline, He was blissfully unaware until I told him - he doesn't think they have such things now they are in senior school! It kept on dawning on me at various points - even yesterday when it dawned on me I left my coat at work that day too!!
Dana, I don't have the excuse or reason of being left handed - I just get sidetracked and absorbed in life to total oblivion of what I should be doing! I can see this gradually progressing into what I hope will be seen as some kind of eccentricity people will continue to forgive me for...either that or I just need the cogs to turn more slowly!
Love the story - and the term brain blips...
also reminds me of friends who managed to crash someone elses wedding when they should have been at ours, fortunately the churches were close to each other and they realised just in time, when the bride made her appearance and it wasn't me!
Oh what a wonderful story, and yes, I am glad is someone else, not me for a change!!! Thank you for sharing it....
You're welcome Sally - it seems to be happening to me lots lately... no you're not alone, x
Post a Comment