It made my heart beat slower and deeper, and my soul want to reach out and hold him ~ hold them both ~ close to me...
an overwhelming knowing, a rare glimpse of the unquestionable love that just is, total and complete for ever, a moment of transparency, of luminescence....
sat cuddling my son, draped, long limbed, over my lap, even though he is now as tall as me and his feet are way bigger than mine, just before bedtime, on the sofa... the same sofa I would sit and nurse him as a baby in my arms...
sometimes in the chaos there are perfect moments that are beyond my comprehension, I can only wonder at them and where they come from, and be thankful....
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Bedtime earlier tonight...
Posted by
Rainbow dreams
at
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sounds like a perfect moment allright I love the way you expressed you write beautifully xxx
My daughters still come to me for cuddles, and I hope it will always continue that way. Like you, I have occasional flashes of remembrance, and treasure them - even though my elder daughter has now overtaken me in height, and my younger is not far behind!
Thanks Shaz
Caroline - I hope it will always continue that way too, they do grow so fast, treasured moments indeed,
Reminds me of a book "Quiet Riot". It's full of little quiet moments: a mouse licking flour; a minute turning into an hour; peanut-butter meeting jelly; ladybugs not speaking; the turning of a baby sleeping; etc. (children's book from maybe 40 years ago...)
Mine are turning 3 and 1 this next month. I covet every moment and hope to be given such moments as they grow older.
You always say it so well.
I like the sound of that book Jeff, had never heard of it before.
Post a Comment