Thursday, May 03, 2007



I have been inspired over the past months by various photo blogs.... and at various times I am inspired enough to give it a go....

yesterday I had a wonderful photo.... I was right next to several birds on our feeders, I had the camera ready but just at the critical second... they flew....

no bird photos from yesterday....

then when I returned, our cat, who is losing weight and who is, either through hunger pangs or increased energy, hunting more lately, had brought a bird into the house to play with and there were feathers everywhere....

fortunately we were able to let the bird fly and hope it wasn't too shocked to survive...

so I then set myself the challenge of capturing one of the many feathers on camera.... it's not easy, but it is fun... and quite addictive :)

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Very cool photo Katie girl! :c) Just takes doing it... soon that camera will feel like an extension of your eyes.

Disillusioned said...

Nice photo!

Note to self: must get camera out, must get camera out.

sally said...

lovely pic..well done....

Beth said...

It's tough, isn't it Katie? All these birdy people take all these birdy pictures and you and I just...write...and take pictures of feathers...

Seriously, girl - you did good! Keep it up and see what else you come up with!

Nikita said...

So calm, that picture

Where is my camera?

:P said...

hello!

i think it's a lovely photo. you become more and more confident as you take more shots. =D take care!