Thursday, May 10, 2007

The beginning...

Occassionally R and I find ourselves caught up in projects that start small and get bigger as we go along...
I have the feeling this might just be the case if we don't stop ourselves from getting carried away with the infectious enthusiasm of youth...
Tonight was the second meeting of a project in which young people from most of the island secondary schools have chosen to get involved, to advertise/celebrate fair-trade, at the battle of flowers later this year. As much as I'd have loved to just stay in and vegetate, the reward more than justified the effort. Last week noone knew each other, this week it's starting to gel...
It feels as if the project is really starting to take shape...and even our children who are younger are feeling involved - it's just the beginning, but it's a good one :)

3 comments:

awareness said...

projects are good!!

I'm involved with a new group too....I love watching them evolve...

the whole

forming, norming, storming, reforming thing with groups is fascinating to me.

enjoy.......

d.

Jayne said...

How rewarding that must feel to have so many kids want to get involved. Kudos to you guys!

Rainbow dreams said...

Thanks Dana, I am enjoying - it's been a while since I was involved with a group, but it's good, take care, will be in touch soon,

Jayne, it is wonderful that they want to be involved - they are giving up a fair amount of their time, but we're having lots of fun too