Monday, April 30, 2007

It's quiet and peaceful, the lists of jobs are waiting. I flew back home to get on with them before going to collect the children from school. I opened the post, made a cup of tea, pottered around clearing bits and pieces but haven't got around to much else yet .....

This weekend R spent time with his friend, the one he thought he might not get to see again... it was wonderful... they laughed and played, tinkered, customised the kett car - or at least started to, dismantled gears, removed brakes... played music and were brilliant company for each other.
Any sadness or uncertainty about anything was put to one side as they stopped thinking and threw themselves into being and doing and enjoying every second of time they had together.

Seizing the moment and living it.

Sometimes I think thats what energises me about watching my children ... they ooze vitality from the inside out and it's catching.... as long as I let it...

perhaps there comes a time when we have to stop thinking quite so much and get on with doing....at least for a while, and hope the rest will fall into place...

5 comments:

Jayne said...

And fall into place, it usually does! Glad they had some special time together.

Disillusioned said...

So glad your son was able to get together with his friend.

Beth said...

Good news here.

And you are right; thanks for the reminder to simply live...

carmilevy said...

I love your philosophy. When I was in journalism school, one of my profs swore by his gut. He said he went with his gut every chance he had. He cautioned against overthinking anything. He challenged us to have confidence in our judgment, to simply go with it and let the chips fall where they may.

As I watch our kids go through their paces, I'm amazed that they seem to have internalized that lesson despite the fact that they never even met this prof.

God, I love being a parent.

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you, sorry I have been lax in replying to comments lately, they are all very much appreciated.
Carmi, I love being a parent... some days it is overwhelming...