Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blogging...
some people have wise and wonderful words, some people have wonderful photos.

I just know that somewhere in most days there are moments of beauty and wonder that even if I can't embrace, I can at least acknowledge they are there.
Some days they are in abundance and some days they may hardly be visible....

I don't really know what to think....and I don't know how I feel...
Cancer is a destructive word that encompasses so many different presentations.... yet because of it's label it evokes a certain fear that even logic and reason can't totally overcome.

Today my Mum said goodbye to it for the fourth time...Once is bad luck, twice you grit your teeth and get through it, three times it feels as if someone is really taking the mickey, and now four times..... surgery is great.. sometimes (like today) it can be cut out and thrown away... and that beats the chemo and radiotherapy any day.

We are all a wee bit bruised and battered but we're still here...

Its been a shaky day. Work, waiting for Mum to return from theatre... me and Dad sitting yet again... a real sense of deja vu!

It's also been a day for making icecream - as we started sorting through old toys the icecream maker was rescued!

A day when an unexpected meeting with someone I have only ever spoken to on the phone took me by surprise but meant so much...

and a day when I watched the sun set with Sam and rocky the rabbit and we wondered what it would have been like before the houses were built and we could see right out to sea....


13 comments:

The Harbour of Ourselves said...

thinking of you and your tribe...

Em said...

Best wishes to your mom for her continued battle. May she find success as often as is necessary.

awareness said...

Hi Katie.

You must be so relieved.......am relieved for you and your family that the surgery went well for your Mom. I would think that a day like you had, to sit and quietly watch the beautiful sunset with Sam would've been just what the doctor ordered.

thinking of you..........take care

Jayne said...

Cancer is indeed a scary word... so glad this one was able to be disposed of and that you mum will be on the mend. Homemade ice cream seems just the way to celebrate. Yum!

1 i z said...

Thinking of you and yours.

Disillusioned said...

Thinking of you - glad that this battle has been won.

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and wishes, they are much appreciated.
Relief probably is the main feeling... certainly good to have yesterday behind us :)

Caroline said...

love and hugs from here too Katie, thinking of ou, and your family - and of the beauty of sunsets...

best wisehs
C

Ellen said...

Sending best wishes to your Mum, and the hope that this will be her last battle. You are also in my thoughts.... take care.

Beth said...

Prayers for your mom and hugs for you...

Nikita said...

Well done to you and your family for making it through; there's nothing you can't do together

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hope your Mum continues to win. Lovely pic of the sunset.

Julie x

Rainbow dreams said...

Caroline, Ellen, Beth, Niki, and Julie, thankyou, life feels good for the moment... we got away with it once again...

we've had some fantastic sunsets recently... and probably some breathtaking sunrises, if on;y I was up that early!
It's a beautiful place