Thursday, August 24, 2006

Chainsaws are good for the soul...

Just what the doctor ordered - a trip out to the local show and some wicked chainsaw sculpting from a talented chap called Ben Loughrill - it was exciting watching and seeing his vision emerge from the wood, enhanced by the the noise of his chainsaw, flying sawdust and the skill involved ~ I seem to be spending a fair amount of time watching things transform lately! I looked for his website but obviously he's far too busy sculpting and getting creative with bits of wood and chain saws to get it sorted properly - what's more he seems to be a truly lovely guy - we spent quite some time chatting with him and couldn't resist coming home with a new addition to our family - ollie the owl!





The lad going wild on his quad bike was also something to behold!
Quad bikes and chainsaws being added to R's birthday list as I type - he can live in hope!!

2 comments:

Debby said...

I love the owl!!

My husband has a cousin who does this type of stuff. It really is incredibly to watch.

Rainbow dreams said...

It was incredible to watch - I'd seen it on tv I think before but never close up - I'd love to be taught, or let loose to have a go :)