Saturday, November 22, 2008

childhood comfort restored, heart mended



We had some good news earlier... a very special member of our family had been missing for a few weeks now. We had searched high and low, posters had been made and posted around the house, friends had been alerted and joined in the search. S's night time companion, confidante and comforter, duck the bear, appeared to have been lost somewhere, vanished without a trace.

In between various other things I would find myself becoming obsessed over his whereabouts, wishing to goodness he could just speak or that someone would have a clear idea of where he was.
She can sleep without him, but he could never be replaced and once it became apparent he wasn't just left at a friends house for us to collect he was missed even more. How ridiculous, I was getting frantic about a missing teddy... as were half of her friends in different places - it was almost an island wide search!
Anyway, this terrible troublesome bear was only found hiding behind the towels in the bathroom cupboard - put safely so he didn't get wet while she showered.
He is now restored to his rightful place in her bedroom and she slept happily last night with him beside her.

I wish it was always this simple to mend a broken heart... so perfect, so innocent, so beautiful
It gets harder from here on in...


3 comments:

Gilly said...

Oh yes! I remember that sort of moment only too well! Our situation was a small rubber crocodile daughter took to Austria, and who got left by the road side halfway up a mountain. Praise be! He was still there the next day. Tears miraculously dried up, happiness restored.

That is all of 36 years ago, but it is etched on all our memories.

Teddy looks quite pleased to be found, too!

Jayne said...

Whew... crisis averted! So glad Teddy showed up in the cabinet. :c)

Rainbow dreams said...

Hi Gilly, am so pleased you found him too. I can easily imagine this will be etched into all our memories. He is by far the most troublesome bear but full of character :)

Jayne, yes....so am I...guess he would have been found eventually anyway, just pleased she remembered before I lost any more time over it!!