Saturday, May 17, 2008



The world is round. It has always felt to me as if I am witnessing some kind of miracle when I am absorbed watching the sun set, a sense of wonder at the knowledge that it will rise again tomorrow regardless... one of the few things we can be certain of... and in the knowledge that others on the planet are experiencing a part of the very same cycle of light and beauty.. or of darkness and stars... all connected.

After Dana closed down her laptop ready to leave for her trip, I looked out at the evening sky across the bay from where I was sitting and watched as our day here was ending. The sky was slowly but surely transformed as crimson and yellow hues flooded across it setting it on fire before finally dipping below the horizon.
By the time it had risen the following morning she would have flown through that sky, across oceans, and her adventure would have begun....
and I was going to join her for part of it....

The joy of finally communicating face to face was just that - without the constraints of the written word via e mail, and the delayed responses from living in different zones, we could communicate fully, tell stories, fill in gaps, explain, back track, go off course and come back, laugh, smile, observe, take photos, drink tea, wine and beer, walk, get lost, reorientate, and just hang out exploring the various colours of London town....
All luxuries not afforded any other way.

We also met up with Pip and Joan for the most fantastic meal and lots more getting to know each other... Truly Beautiful People, beautiful, wonderful feelings....a really special evening.



As I fly back home I am thinking that I'm not sure if we can always make the choice to squeeze every drop of living out of our lives, or if sometimes we find ourselves in situations where life somehow grabs a hold of us and squeezes us anyway. That once the initial choice is made, we have no choice, other than to participate and engage fully in the whirlwind of treasured moments.
This was, without doubt, a life squeezing couple of days that required little effort on my part....colours have been added to my world, and the adventure, the script, is most certainly unfolding as it should....

The world is round(ish anyway) and we are all connected somehow on it, by virtue of living.
Email and blogging, the internet, afford us the luxury of communication across continents and oceans and this was a golden opportunity to add depth and strength to connections already made.
This weekend our worlds came closer and finally touched, connections turned into stronger bonds, a confirming reassurance of friendship and connection when we have to return to snippets exchanged across the world between inboxes....

A special, magical, and truly memorable trip....

Thank you Dana, Thank you Pip and Thank you Joan.




7 comments:

Jayne said...

How very special and lovely that you all got to meet Katie. :c)

awareness said...

magical on so many levels. it truly was.......

a natural flow of new friendship i havent experienced in a very long time.......

i loved every minute of it Katie. We did squeeze hard didn't we?

Under there... said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time!

Unknown said...

Katie, I am so happy for you and your friends. Life is so short you have to make every moment count! Sounds like you had a great visit, may you have many more.
I love checking in on you even tho I don't leave messages. The invitation is still open for the states if you choose to drift this way! Jayne's MOM

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

So glad that you have all had this opportunity, to meet and share. It is great to have the opportunity to share via the web, but nothing beats the face-to-face contact. The chance to share, laugh, maybe shed a little tear and drink some more wine. Welcome home.

Mojo said...

Ah...thanks for your kind comments on my blog...much appreciated! It's always nice to connect with someone new...especially through such a lovely friend - Cary!

I'll be calling by again!

Have a lovely week

Mo

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you everyone...

Jayne, and your Mom, I would LOVE to visit - I think we will meet up one day :)

Hi Mojo, thank you for coming by... I'll be popping by your way too again - it was a delight to discover your blog, katie