Friday, May 09, 2008

almost all to ourselves..


I hadn't wanted any fuss, any big thing... just quiet and peaceful.. and they listened and so we escaped to this piece of heaven on earth to celebrate and let another year tick by...

It was perfect...
whole beaches just for us, and untouched sand, just like newly fallen snow - a shame to ruin it but fantastic fun to play on and mess up knowing the sea would come back in and make it clean and fresh again


we played frisbee and S did cartwheels all over the beach - we laughed and played - such freedom.... we played until there was no more light left to play in....
and so we had to go home...


and we had to have our photos taken on this rock before we did.... :)


We did lots of fun things - scrambled from one bay to another - which was brilliant and I did enjoy it, although I had insisted that I didn't need shoes on - I never did as a child when we went scrambling....
It was fine - but those rocks were sharper than I had bargained for!
It did however preserve my nail varnish which R chose to comment on as we were half way round... (so incredibly helpful!) :)

We also played tennis - in a fashion.... as a family which showed us that some of the family are gifted with ball skills and others of us are not... I struggled all through school with it and had to practice very hard to be acceptable... poor S is following in my footsteps.. although we did make sure we looked the part on court and kept smiling... ;)
As soon as that was over we could go shopping though and S is considerably better at that!

We also found this lovely caterpillar - I can't remember what he grows up to be - a moth or a butterfly... but we took Jeffrey with us on our walk for a while and he shared in our adventures for part of the day until we returned him to his home...


Couldn't think of a better way to have spent my birthday....

It's taken a while to settle back into life on planet earth...

I'm getting there slowly...

6 comments:

Under there... said...

Oh my! Heaven on earth indeed. Having it with your lovely family must have been the best birthday present. Sorry you had to come back to the real world. I understand why you would not want to by looking at these photos. I am so glad you had a good time.

Baby-Sweet-Pea said...

What a fabulous way to spend your birthday!! Family, the beach, a little pampering...excellent. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time and welcome back to the real world. : )

Jayne said...

Looks like a place out of a storybook Katie. So beautiful and peaceful. I am so glad you had such restorative time away with the ones you love. :c)

Rainbow dreams said...

Thank you - it is all a bit chaotic back here on planet earth.. but I'm catching up....and the memories are wonderful :)

Shaz said...

That looks beautiful allright. Looks like we were both spoilt lately. I am so glad you had a great time. xx

awareness said...

now don't settle too much! We have lots to do and places to see!!

see you in a couple of days...FOR REAL