"All of us are stars and deserve the right to twinkle."
Marilyn Monroe
I have always loved this quote... love the idea of everyone finding a way to twinkle and shine wherever they are, in whatever colour they want...and even when they aren't twinkling brightly it's just because they aren't in the light right then...not that they can't or don't..
also, why is it when we struggle the most to shine, that in fact we shine the least...? Just thinking...
and when we relax and allow ourselves to just be, we shine so brightly.....
I am blessed to have some wonderful stars in my life, all radiating light and sparkle just by being themselves...
it's a popular day for friends birthdays today - five sparkling stars who are in my thoughts today.
I also have my own stars close to home - R junior who has been chosen to compete in an athletics competition tomorrow in Bournemouth (we will have to get up at 4.45 to be ready to leave in time!)....steps of independence and wonderful experiences already....
S has her puppet show too - not the toilet roll body puppets we made when I was at school but soft puppets - fully stringed, and dressed in the most amazing outfits...full of character and so realistic... in production for nearly a year now, and finally finished with all the scenery and scripts practised to perfection...I will see it tomorrow evening while R collects from the airport...
As we sat in the car next to each other a few days ago I noticed her eyes...borrowing my makeup and copying what I do....exactly how I do it... and the whole role model thing struck me...hard.
Now and again the responsibility, aswell as the absolute fun and the joy hits me... how influencial we can be.. without realising it.
It is in the little things that we notice the most at times. and once again I find myself hoping that my influence as a role model is sufficiently grounded and secure, and based on reality and important things to.....
also, why is it when we struggle the most to shine, that in fact we shine the least...? Just thinking...
and when we relax and allow ourselves to just be, we shine so brightly.....
I am blessed to have some wonderful stars in my life, all radiating light and sparkle just by being themselves...
it's a popular day for friends birthdays today - five sparkling stars who are in my thoughts today.
I also have my own stars close to home - R junior who has been chosen to compete in an athletics competition tomorrow in Bournemouth (we will have to get up at 4.45 to be ready to leave in time!)....steps of independence and wonderful experiences already....
S has her puppet show too - not the toilet roll body puppets we made when I was at school but soft puppets - fully stringed, and dressed in the most amazing outfits...full of character and so realistic... in production for nearly a year now, and finally finished with all the scenery and scripts practised to perfection...I will see it tomorrow evening while R collects from the airport...
Now and again the responsibility, aswell as the absolute fun and the joy hits me... how influencial we can be.. without realising it.
It is in the little things that we notice the most at times. and once again I find myself hoping that my influence as a role model is sufficiently grounded and secure, and based on reality and important things to.....
well, that ultimately it IS sufficient...
sufficient to give them what they need
and that whilst some of what they each need is the same, it is also so very unique...
and there are some things they need from that other part of me, the part I married, and share with them, their Dad...
sufficient to give them what they need
and that whilst some of what they each need is the same, it is also so very unique...
and there are some things they need from that other part of me, the part I married, and share with them, their Dad...
they need his qualities as a role model too, and I should stop trying to think I can and should have to fill both of these on my own - we all have our own unique gifts to bring, and together they add up, and, like us, they will gather what they need from all the stars in their own personal universes...
I am also thinking of the stars who have joined me from the world of blogging - when I read earlier that Shaz is finally cured after her gruelling journey of illness this past year, I was so happy... so truly delighted... what brilliant news...
and Dana, who I am going to finally meet later this week... along with Pip , stars who illuminate my world even more as their light spills over into mine...
and all those who are listed in my side bar..... when I come past your blog spaces they do just that...
I haven't been around much lately and apologise for that.. but you do all add light to my days... thank you, x
2 comments:
Busy, busy times. :c) How sweet that S is "doing" her makeup like mom does. Have missed you here Katie, but fully know how hard it is to find time for everything. Love and hugs to you and yours.
Have a great time. Be blessed!
Post a Comment